Helpful
Replies

Answer from PSTN provider

Yankovskyi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

please help with next question:

How I can transfer answer from PSTN provider to IP phone through H323 Voice gateway.

CUCM 7.

Answer from PSTN provider like "subscriber is busy" "this number is not in service" etc.

I thought it needed check Enable Faststart in gateway settings, but it didn't help.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to provide more details, are you having issues with inbound calls to your system?

Is it CUCM or CME? Can you post your H323 GW configuration and proper debug.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for reply.

There isn't any issues with inbound and outbound calls. We use CUCM 7.1.3.

There is H323 trunk beetwen our CUCM and H323 gateway. Instead H323 gateway we have Avaya IP office.

We have next scheme:

PSTN ---PRI---Avaya IP office ----h323------CUCM.

Incoming and outgoin calls work properly. But we would like to hear differnet announcement from PSTN provider on Cisco IP phone.

We have some avaya' s softphone registered in Avaya IP office and there we can hear announcement from PSTN provider,  but in cisco ip phone we don't.

Thanks~!!

What announcement are you referring to?

Chris

For example: when your cell phone is switched off and I try to call you from my cell phone I will hear announcement from Cell provider that your phone is not in the service area.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: