cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any impact on phone registration due to CTL/ITL certificate file after uploading CA signed Tomcat certificate

rashmi814
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I am in process of configuring certificate based ILS authentication which required Root CA and tomcat certificate needs to be uploaded to CUCM cluster and exchange between cluster. I would like to know after uploading Signed TOMCAT certificate, does phone require new CTL files?

Do I required phone reset to upload new CTL files?

Can you please let me know any impact on service after uploading CA signed certificate.

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you running mixed mode with security enabled?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I do not have any security enable in cluster.

This shouldnt have any impact on the phones and NO you dont need to upload CTL files.  Just be aware that tomcat certs are used by phones for accessing directories and EM. So you need to ensure that the certs are re-signed once they expire.

Please rate all useful posts

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Phones do not use Tomcat certs for anything, so uploading Tomcat certs only requires reset of Cisco Tomcat service and does not do anything to phones.

On a side note there was a Cisco bug dealing with certificate based ILS, I don't have it handy, but it was pretty nasty and I've avoided using cert based ILS authentication and simply have been using password based.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, CTL files are used for something totally different, so they do not have any impact on tomcat. But be aware that Tomcat certs are used for things like extension mobility and during directory search on cucm UDS directories. So if the tomcat expires these services will be impacted.

Please rate all useful posts