Views
Helpful
Replies

Any SIP Commands for a Cisco 881

ulrichkenneth1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I know these Cisco 881 are at or near End of Life, but I was wondering if someone could help.

I wasn't sure if this would be a question for "Networking" or "Collaboration, Voice, Video".

Please advise if in wrong queue.

I have a Phone Number that runs to a Cisco ATA SPA 122 through my ISP

Network Setup: ISP > My Cisco 881 > ISP's Cisco ATA SPA 122

There is no SIP/Call Handling being done on the 881 itself.

There are just ports opened to allow the ATA to communicate with the ISP's Phone Switch which handles the calls.

If I wanted to verify that calls are indeed making it to my Cisco 881, since they say the calls are, but when someone calls my number, it rings busy.. Is there a series commands I could run on the 881 to view any call information?

1 Reply 1

Not sure if it is available in the 800 series, but usually you would in a Cisco router be able to do a packet capture to see what traffic it processes. Have a look at this document for details. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ios-nx-os-software/ios-embedded-packet-capture/116045-productconfig-epc-00.html

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: