cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any suggestions for 8865 phone with one way audio

hankej
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I unboxed and set up three new 8865 IP Phones and each one has one way audio only.  This only occurs between IP Phones that are hardwired.  When I use one of these phones to a Jabber client, desktop or ios, it works fine.  When I use one of these phone with an external call it works fine, but when I use this phone and call another phone that is using a cat 6 cable, this phone can't hear or see the other end, but the other end can see and hear the broken phone.  When looking at the stream stats of the call, the signaling is good, the bad phone just isn't receiving any packets.  The issue is following the phone as well.  I moved it from the blade a on a 4510 to blade C and had the same issue.  I also moved it to a different switch altogether and have the same issue.  I just downloaded and upgraded the firmware on the phone to sip8845_65.12-7-1-0101-415 and no change.

Is there anything else that I can try?  Just stinks that I have three of these that came out of the box like this.  Perhaps a bad shipment?  Unfortunately these have been on the shelf for a while, so the warranty is probably expired.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

This only occurs between IP Phones that are hardwired. is these phones  on  a different subnet ? looks like routing issue between the phones which you call. 

since calls  works with Jabber client and other soft phones its not a hardware fault. 

Response Signature

Unfortunately there are in the same subnet.  Our voice devices register to the vlan 200 /16 subnet.  The problem phone is 10.200.100.139 and I called another 8865 with the ip address of 10.200.100.172 and the same thing happened.  We also have 330 other 8865 phones in the 10.200 subnet that don't appear to have the issue.

Thank you 

when calling external numbers  there is no issue. when calling jabber and soft phones there is no issue. but when calling on the same subnet phones which is desk phone its not working. am I correct. 

Response Signature

Correct.  I have not tried calling a phone in a different subnet nor have I tried calling a different phone model.

Thanks

So I just called a phone in another subnet and the call worked fine.

The problem phone has an IP Address of 10.200.100.139 and the phone that I called has an IP address of 10.254.30.15.  I was able to hear and see the person on the other end.  So it would appear to be in the 10.200 subnet?

Thank you

Try changing the problem phones to 10.254 subnets and see if the issue is reproduced?

The best way to troubleshoot the media issue is by taking packet captures and analysis where the packets are getting dropped.

Regards,

Mohammed Rafi

Thank you.  I brought the phone to a different site to get an IP address of 10.254.8.133. I called a phone with the IP address of 10.200.101.91 and I had two way audio & video.  I also then called another phone with an IP address of 10.254.8.129 and again had audio and video.  

I brought the phone back and it got an IP address of 10.200.100.139 and I called a phone with the IP address of 10.200.126.6 and again only one way audio& video.

As the phone works if you put it on a different network it’s clearly not a problem with the phone itself. You have to look at your network setup for the network where you get one way audio. There is something that blocks traffic.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: