cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone seen any advance info on Unified Communication Manager 8.0?

gkeel
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen the single page on the Cisco Site about version 8 but no other info.

What I am really interested in is the promised support for Incoming CallerID when gateway has an FXO port and is using MGCP.

That lack of support has been a thorn in my side for a year or more as they were promising it in version 7 and then it got pulled.

I have 30 remote gateways and a totola of over 130 FXO PSTN ports/lines so transitioning to H323 would be a very major undertaking.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a lot of information on UCM 8.0; however, most of it is restricted under NDA agreements until FCS.

WIth respect to the caller ID on MGCP-controlled FXO: There were limitations in both IOS and UCM that had to be addressed. The updated MGCP code is now available in both and will work in 8.0 and IOS 12.4(24)T I believe. I have not bothered to test it in my beta copy yet so there's no guarantee that it's bug-free though.

Also, there is a general movement away from MGCP at this point. I would reconsider moving anyone to it. The consensus is becoming SIP gateways as the code stabilizes.

There's already plenty of information on the UC 8.0 products

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/community/partner/collaboration/uc

Search for 8.0 and you'll get info from CUCM, UCCX, Unity, etc

BTW i believe there is a discussion on MGCP FXO CLID you might want to read, search the above link and you should find it

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: