cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone using 6961 or 6941 with CUCM 12.5 or 14?

CourtneyKPrin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Looking to upgrade our CUCM from 10.5 to 12.5 or 14, but noticed 6961 and 6941 phones are not supported, but not deprecated yet. We have many of these models deployed and cannot replace them this year, but getting lots of pressure to upgrade CUCM and hardware. I asked Cisco support and they gave the expected answer that they are not supported. My question is, is anyone using 12.5 or 14 with these phones and noticing any issues?

Thank you,

Courtney

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

These phones where initial announced as deprecated in CM 14, but due to various reasons that was later changed. With this there where no new models deprecated in CM 14, it carries over the list from CM 12. In that neither of these models where deprecated, so they would continue to operate. For the full list of devices deprecated please see this document.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

These phones where initial announced as deprecated in CM 14, but due to various reasons that was later changed. With this there where no new models deprecated in CM 14, it carries over the list from CM 12. In that neither of these models where deprecated, so they would continue to operate. For the full list of devices deprecated please see this document.

Response Signature

That is a good reply, but I was hoping to hear from anyone using, or tried to use, these models with CUCM 12.5 or 14. Hearing from someone's experience that tried these models would be helpful.