cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask the Expert: Designing, Configuring & Monitoring of Cisco Unity Connection

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Designing, Configuring & Monitoring of Cisco Unity Connection with Aashish Jolly - Read the bioWith Aashish Jolly

Welcome to the Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to learn and ask questions about Designing, Configuring & Monitoring of Cisco Unity Connection with Aashish Jolly.

This is an opportunity to learn more about & ask questions about Designing, Configuring & Monitoring of Cisco Unity Connection.

Aashish Jolly is a network consulting engineer who is currently serving as the Unified Communications (UC) consultant for the ExxonMobil Global account. Earlier at Cisco, he was part of the Cisco Technical Assistance Center, where he helped customers Cisco partners with installation, configuring, and troubleshooting UC products such as Cisco UC Manager and Manager Express, Cisco Unity solutions, Cisco Unified Border Element, voice gateways and gatekeepers, and more. He has been associated with Cisco UC for more than seven years. He holds a bachelor of technology degree as well as CCIE(Voice) # 18500, CCNP Voice, CCNA, VCP 5 and RHCE certifications.

Aashish might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the Security sub-community forum shortly after the event. This event lasts through April 2, 2013. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

31 Replies 31

Hi Anas,

Due to come technical glitch, I've not been able to post a reply.

Cisco Unity is a voice messaging solution based on MS windows and used message stores such as MS Exchange, Domino. Used MS SQL Server for its database. It provided a wide variety of features such as Unified Messaging and native fax support. Unity Connection on the other hand is a Linux based voice messaging solution with built-in database and message storage. For a run down on features available on each voice messaging solution offered by us, I suggest the following cheat sheet.

Cisco Voice and Unified Messaging Products: Feature Comparison

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5745/ps2237/product_data_sheet0900aecd806bfc37.html

Cisco Unity is now EOS, so if you have any customers on Cisco Unity, I would recommend upgrading to Cisco Unity Connection. Cisco Unity 8.0 was the last release of Cisco Unity and is now EOS.

Cisco Unity EOS/EOL Notices

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_eol_notices_list.html

Regards,

Aashish

Aashish Jolly
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I would like to take a moment and thank everyone for their queries. I hope I was able to meet your expectations in answering the queries. Today is the last day for this Ask The Expert event and in a couple of hours this would be archived i.e. no more posts, however you can continue using Cisco Support Community for your queries and we will be more than happy to answer your queries to the best of our knowledge.

Thank You,

Aashish Jolly

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: