cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask the Experts: Cisco Webex Meeting Server (CWMS) : Install/Configuration and Troubleshooting

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ask your Questions on Cisco Webex Meeting Server (CWMS) : Install, Configuration, and Troubleshooting with Cisco Experts: Amit Sing,  Hari Haran S M, and Jyothi V.

Monday, March 16th, 2015 to Friday, March 27th, 2015

Amit Singh is a Technical Leader for Services at the Cisco Technical Assistance Center in Bangalore, India, nine years in TAC. He has more than 10 years of experience in his areas of expertise: wireless, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, multi-services, Cisco Unity, and Cisco Unified Contact Center Express. He has been involved in various escalation requests from India, Singapore, and Australia and is currently working as a technical lead for the Voice team in Bangalore, India. He is a computer science graduate. (CCIE Collaboration  # 46042

Hari Haran S M is a Customer Support Engineer based out in Bangalore, India. He has total of 7.5 years of which he has worked as a TAC engineer for almost 6 years. He is a graduate in Mathematics and his area of expertise covers Firewall, Catalyst Switches, MeetingPlace and Cisco Webex Meeting Server.  He has handled multiple escalations / hot issues and provided on-site support as well. Additionally, he writes scripts in python for automation and creates web pages using HTML5 and CSS3 as a hobby. He is a certified RHCE and pursuing VCP5.

Jyothi V is a TAC Engineer based out of Cisco-TAC Bangalore, India. She has over 5 years of experience in Unified Communications, Collaboration and Conferencing solutions with expertise in Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Multi-services, Meetingplace and Cisco Webex Meetings Server. She has worked on multiple critical and hot issues and also had on-site engagements. She graduated as an Electronics and Communications engineer. She holds a CCNP Voice along with industry certifications RHCE and VCP5. 

Find other  https://supportforums.cisco.com/expert-corner/knowledge-sharing.

**Ratings Encourage Participation! **
Please be sure to rate the Answers to Questions

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Marcelo,

Please find the answers to your questions below:

1) The real-time collaboration tools and features in CWMS are mostly same as that in Cloud WebEx. However, CWMS has features like behind-the-firewall design, advanced administration and high-availability.

2) There have been many new and changed features with every release of CWMS (1.0, 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5). You can find the details of the same documented in the release notes here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/conferencing/webex-meetings-server/products-release-notes-list.html

3) In order to get the migration licenses for CWMS from MP, you will need to contact the Cisco Licensing team. They will be able to validate the contract and provide migration licenses.

4) Document to configure CUCM for CWMS: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/b_planningGuide/b_planningGuide_chapter_0101.html

Document to configure audio on CWMS: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_0/Administration_Guide/Administration_Guide_chapter_01111.html#task_4A38FDE60C9C4A56946C0B288B469900

5) There are no configuration changes documented to support CMR.

6) We work on a wide range of issues with CMWS like installation/configuration/upgrade issues, database replication issues, audio quality and so on. Its hard to specifically point the #1 case.

Please let me know if any further questions.

Thanks,

Jyothi

View solution in original post

Jyothi V
Level 1
Level 1

We have created the following videos for CWMS Installation, deployment and configuration. Please watch them and post your questions below.

CWMS OVA Installation

In this video, we talk about the system requirements for CWMS OVA installation and also the step-by-step procedure to create a CWMS virtual machine.

CWMS System Deployment

In this video, you will see a step-by-step procedure for deploying the CWMS system manually.

CWMS High-Availability

In this video, you will see how to install, deploy and configure a high-availbility system for your CWMS.

CWMS User Management

In this video we will discuss in detail about managing users in CWMS. This includes configuring local accounts and enabling LDAP integration.

CWMS Mail Server and Storage Configuration

In this video, we explain about editing mail server configuration and adding NFS storage.

CWMS Certificate Configuration

In this video, we discuss about installing certificates in CWMS and also discuss about how to bundle the certificates.

Thanks

View solution in original post

37 Replies 37

Deval Tetar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I am planning to upgrade from 1.5 to 2.5.

Current infra is as follows

1.5.1.323.A
250, with IRP no HA

UCS-C220-M3S vCenter + Media + Admin
UCS-C220-M3S IRP
ESXi 5.1
No snapshots

Can you please suggest me some key step to initiate process  and highlight some important point to remember as upgrade document is huge...

And once I am on 2.5, which all changes I have to do in system configuration.

What will happen to licenses; do I have to apply for new licenses or same can be utilized....

Regards,

Deval

Hi Deval,

Please see the summary of tasks for CWMS upgrade in the document below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/b_administrationGuide/b_administrationGuide_chapter_01001.html#reference_33BF1FFC8C334EACA4CBA2D880E3F206

1. Backup your existing system (1.5 MR3) using your NFS server

2. Deploy new VM using upgrade OVA

3. Copy data from existing system to Admin VM of new system

4. Deploy the rest of the VMs for upgraded system

5. Test the upgraded system

Prerequisites:

1. OVA for the upgrade version

2. Sufficient disk space on UCS for the new Admin, Media and IRP VM of the upgraded system

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Jyothi

I am trying to deply CWMS but in the initial wizard I got the following error:

Please try again as the server encountered an unexpected error. If the problem persists, contact Cisco TAC and provide the following information:<br/>(Internal Server Error (request id: 2041, internal data: {"readyState":0,"responseText":"","status":0,"statusText":"error"})).

I got this error after adding the link:

WebEx Site URL

WebEx Administration URL

Hi,

Could you please provide us a screenshot of the error message? I believe the error message is seen while using the deployment URL. Correct me if I am wrong. Also, could you please provide me the webex site URL and the admin URL that you are adding? Please make sure that the DNS resolution for the webex site URL and the Webex administration URL is configured.

Regards,

Hari

Hi Deval,

Key points to remember during the upgrade process,

• Your current version has 1.5.1.323.A, hence, please make sure that you obtain the encrypted version of 2.5 OVA from the PUT tool. [Should have AE in the version name]
  • Make we have enough disk space in the ESXi hosts [990GB].
  • Remove all the VM snapshots, if they exists.
  • Make NTP on ESXi is configured and is in sync.

With regards to configuring, there is no nothing that needs to be done. The system will be able to operate with the configuration that was done in 1.5 version. 

The license in 1.5 is changed in 2.5. Hence, we should order the license while ordering the OVA via the PUT tool. Once the PUT ordered is processed, you will be provided with a new PAK using which you can obtain the license.

Hi Team,

Thanks for your suggestion, I am in process of making upgrade plan will share details once completed.

I have two queried related to WebEx welcome IVR.

My Current setup:

1.5.1.323.A
250, with IRP no HA

UCS-C220-M3S vCenter + Media + Admin
UCS-C220-M3S IRP
ESXi 5.1
No snapshots

1. Can we customize the IVR to company specific

e.g. Welcome to XYZ company WebEx services...

If Yes, can you please share the process,

If not, can I have some reference document for same.

2.  I am facing issue with call-in IVR message.

My dial-in and out calls from WebEx are working very fine

However there is issue observed in some dial-in calls,

I can see calls are connecting, however after that its total blank, welcome IVR of WebEx is not played.

Users get confused on what to do next. This happens at random time random user...

This has started happening since 15 days.

I have checked WebEx  server health and server connection everything is fine.

I have also restarted whole WebeEx cluster, still issue persist.

Please let me know your suggestions.

Deval Tetar

Hi Deval,

1. Customization of audio prompts is not supported on any version of CWMS yet. We have a feature request with the engineering team for the same but if has not been added to CWMS yet.

CSCug29833 : Prompt customization

2. This seems an issue with audio clipping or audio quality on your CWMS calls. Please verify the following:

a. Please check if you are on supported hardware and the conditions for no co-resident VMs are met:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_0/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide_chapter_01011.html#reference_249B138B71324D19B09141D3849EC058

b. There must be no snapshots on any of the virtual machines for the system. If you have captured any snapshots before an upgrade, ensure that you delete them within 24 hours as they cause degradation of system performance and are known to cause audio quality issues.

c. Please check your network bandwidth against these requirements:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/1_5/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide_chapter_01.html#reference_267DB686BB224EB7A49DE4C783C912E6

Please cross-check the above mentioned details and if you still face the problem, feel free to open a TAC case to troubleshoot the issue further. We will be able to get detailed logs and sniffers to debug and find the cause of the issue.

Regards,

Jyothi

Yaniv Malachi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team

i have installed last month webex on premise on my customer site

with b22 and b200 cisco blade server ,

after i deploy the system my customer start to complain that his user are

suffer of Bad audio while they are on a meeting ,

also login to the webex admin and saw the status of the meeting which say that we do have a poor audio on a meeting with a jitter delay ,i have check the internet connection and it's fine ,

have download the logs file of that meeting but don't know what to look for and how to troubleshoot this problem exactly , attach the logs file of that meeting ,

can u give me a guidelines how to troubleshoot this problem and also general common problem please ?

Regards

Yaniv

Hi Yaniv,

I see that you have mentioned that this a 250 user CWMS system on a previous post

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12452016/cisco-webex-25-poor-audio-meeting

Please verify the following:

1. Please check if you are on supported hardware and the conditions for no co-resident VMs are met:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_0/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide_chapter_01011.html#reference_249B138B71324D19B09141D3849EC058

2. There must be no snapshots on any of the virtual machines for the system. If you have captured any snapshots before an upgrade, ensure that you delete them within 24 hours as they cause degradation of system performance and are known to cause audio quality issues.

3. Please check your network bandwidth against these requirements:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/1_5/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide_chapter_01.html#reference_267DB686BB224EB7A49DE4C783C912E6

From the infocap log, any issues with the audio quality can be seen from the gyromain log.

Please cross-check the above mentioned details and if you still face the problem, feel free to open a TAC case to troubleshoot the issue further. We will be able to get detailed logs and sniffers to debug and find the cause of the issue.

Thanks,

Jyothi

Hi Amit Singh, Haran S M and Jyothi V,

congratulations for the excellent topic.

1) Is there any differences in features between CWMS (on-premises) and Cisco Webex Meeting Center (cloud)?

2) What is the main differences between CWMS 2.x and CWMS 1.x?

3) With the end of MeetingPlace, CWMS became a migration path for the customer ... is there any document that describes this migration installation? What is your recommendation?

4) About CWMS and CUCM integration ... any good document about the installation & configuration?

5) With the add of CMR in the Cisco Webex Meeting Center environment, what kind of installation/configuration changes we need to do to support this? Any recommendation?

6) What's TAC #1 case about CWMS that we should take extra care?

Thanks in advanced.

Hi Marcelo,

1) The real-time collaboration tools and features in CWMS are mostly same as that in Cloud WebEx. However, CWMS has features like behind-the-firewall design, advanced administration and high-availability.

2) There have been many new and changed features with every release of CWMS (1.0, 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5). You can find the details of the same documented in the release notes here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/conferencing/webex-meetings-server/products-release-notes-list.html

3) In order to get the migration licenses for CWMS from MP, you will need to contact the Cisco Licensing team. They will be able to validate the contract and provide migration licenses.

4) Document to configure CUCM for CWMS: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/b_planningGuide/b_planningGuide_chapter_0101.html

Document to configure audio on CWMS: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_0/Administration_Guide/Administration_Guide_chapter_01111.html#task_4A38FDE60C9C4A56946C0B288B469900

5) There are no configuration changes documented to support CMR.

6) We work on a wide range of issues with CMWS like installation/configuration/upgrade issues, database replication issues, audio quality and so on. Its hard to specifically point the #1 case.

Please let me know if any further questions.

Thanks,

Jyothi

H Marcelo,

To answer 3rd query, while moving from MeetingPlace to CWMS, it can be considered as a new install, since your existing meeting / information from meetingplace cannot be moved to CWMS. However, the meetingplace licenses can be migrated to CWMS license.

Regards,

Hari

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Team,

First of all thanks for doing this knowledge sharing event.

I have a query about the MDC system. The documentation says users access the system using a single link and it appears as one system to the users.

Lets say users are based on two Sites A (geographically close to DC1) and Site B(geographically close to DC2). We want to direct Users on Site A to DC1 and users on SiteB to DC2.

How can we achieve this?

This is just for two sites, how can we set preference for users on multiple sites?

-Terry

Hi Terry,

In a MDC system, the users are not specifically configured to a DC. The CUCM is configured with preference to the SIP trunks to the local DC. Please see the details below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_5/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide_chapter_0111.html#concept_8C0B2DAC587B4E7A9F8A10798D668C43

"Each CUCM cluster can have INVITE trunks to all the data centers. The call-in route pattern gives priority to the INVITE trunk associated with the local data center and uses the INVITE trunk to the remote data center only upon failure."

Thanks,

Jyothi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: