cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Associate users to phones

Labanelamia
Level 1
Level 1

Please , I have to implemente BE6000 in a small copany, I want to associate a user to ip phone 7861, I have already created users , and phones bay using BAT.

I am stack in how to attach a phone to each user, and how user can log in the phone ?? 

Does anyone have an example of an implementation in a samll company.

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're asking about EM, you simple need to create the UDPs for the users, enable EM on the devices, and subscribe the devices to the EM service.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Which exact step you are having issues, please elaborate that and we will be glad to help you with

regards

1- I  powered on the cucm,

2- i iserted ip phones into cucm databse by using BAT.

3- i added users into cucm by using BAT.

4- i want to associate a user to ip phone 7861??

for exemple :

user                    MAC ADDRESS   DESCRIPTION     DIRECTORY NUMBER 
user 1                 381C1ABA5xx    Ephone1              1001

5- how user can log in the phone ??

FYI, you don't need to associate end user with phone as long as you don't want to use features like EM, Mobility, MVA etc and phone should simply work if DN is assigned to it. Anyway you can go to End User page and you will see the Device Association button, click on that button which will prompt you to assign the Device to respective end user.

Thanks

how user can log in the phone ??

I need to display the name of each user on his phone,
subsequently Each one will have its own directory.

Thanks.

Hi,

To enable login, you need to create User Device Profile (UDP) for each user and enable Extension Mobility (EM) on all phones. You also need to subscribe all phone to EM service and Associate UDP to users.

You need to export users xls, associate users to UDPs, delete all users, then import you xls

how user can log in the phone ??

Are you using Extension Mobility? As I told you before, if you've assigned static DN to phone under Device page, phone will work normally and user doesn't need to login.

I need to display the name of each user on his phone,

You can configure 'Line Text Label' on DN page to configure whatever you want to display on respective DN/button.

subsequently Each one will have its own directory.

Once you configure end user and assign under group of Standard CCM End Users (on End User page), respective user can login to CCM End User Web Pages and manage own personal directory. Also can login from phone, Directory -> Personal Directory. 

Please ensure that under Devices -> Device Settings -> Phone Services, Personal Directory is added and enabled for Enterprise Subscription.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: