Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner
Beginner

ATA 186 Rejected After Moving Device Pool to Different CUCM Group

I have two Cisco ATA 186 boxes that are not registering after moving them to a different CUCM group. They're coming up rejected. Other devices in the same device pool are registering fine. If I move them to another Device Pool with the original CUCM group, they register fine.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Enthusiast

I assume you have tried to

I assume you have tried to reset the device configuration in CCM for these devices?

Also, these are existing device configurations correct, you are not trying to have them auto-register? If you are trying to let them auto register, verify that auto-registration is supported in the new CM group and that there are available DN's to auto-assign in the specified auto-registration DN pool.

If you have physical access to the ATAs you may need to reset them;

• Plug an analog phone into port 1, go off-hook and hit the big red button on top
  • Press 322873738#* and hang-up
    • If it is a GEN1 ATA186 (really old), press 444# and hang up

Thanks,

Ryan

(: ... Please rate useful posts ...:)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Enthusiast

I assume you have tried to

I assume you have tried to reset the device configuration in CCM for these devices?

Also, these are existing device configurations correct, you are not trying to have them auto-register? If you are trying to let them auto register, verify that auto-registration is supported in the new CM group and that there are available DN's to auto-assign in the specified auto-registration DN pool.

If you have physical access to the ATAs you may need to reset them;

• Plug an analog phone into port 1, go off-hook and hit the big red button on top
  • Press 322873738#* and hang-up
    • If it is a GEN1 ATA186 (really old), press 444# and hang up

Thanks,

Ryan

(: ... Please rate useful posts ...:)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks for all the fast

Thanks for all the fast answers! It's a pre-existing setup. I also found that some 7900 phones in the pool are being rejected - showing the TFTP server as 255.255.255.255. Could this be a clue?

The devices are off-site, I suppose I'll end up manually resetting the ATAs when I can get them.

Highlighted
VIP Advisor

sounds like they are not

sounds like they are not receiving a TFTP IP through option 150 and are resorting to a broadcast to dscover tftp.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

So a 32 bit netmask is

So a 32 bit address is definitely not a valid TFTP server.

What was the purpose in moving the device pool? Is this a logical representation of devices physically located in a new network segment? How are these devices receiving DHCP and what does the DHCP pool look like?

Thanks,

Ryan

Highlighted

I seen this before... sorry I

I seen this before... sorry I  don't remember the work around for this... Is it registering with one particular server ?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

While I can't say this is

While I can't say this is always the cause; generally this happens when the new CM group has a different first node than the previous node. Some times, resetting the device configuration in CCM will work but often times it requires resetting the ATA itself.

Thanks,

Ryan

Highlighted

what you mean is when you

what you mean is when you changing device pool it will reject, right ?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I think he means device pool;

I think he means device pool; which is ultimately where the CM group is applied, so I think he just referenced the CUCM group because that is where the issue is.

Thanks,

Ryan

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Raymond,

Hi Raymond,

Login into ATA config page http://<ata_ip>/dev and make sure CUCM addresses (primary,secondary) are same as in the device pool CM group. 

Here is a link to old but good document. http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/ata-180-series-analog-telephone-adaptors/21507-ata-sccp.html#maintask1

Regards,

Sudheer Shenoy

Highlighted
Beginner
Beginner

Resetting the ATA was the

Resetting the ATA was the only way. Thanks!