Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 187 deregistered

bagnolini
Level 1
Level 1

I've got CUCM 8.5.1.10000-26 and 5 ATA 187

My problem is that sometimes the ATA 187 randomly deregistered and the only solution is power off and power on the ATA.

This happen to all ATA.

I've checked if there is a new ATA firmware but there isn't.

Any idea?

Thanks

93 Replies 93

I’m glad it worked out for you. I guess it depends on how many you have though. The VG202s are nice and we use the VG224 where we have high-density needs. The cost on those VG202s is about 2.5x higher for the actual device and 4x higher for SmartNet versus the ATAs.

I think Cisco needs to fix or create a low-cost ATA and preferably put the Ethernet pass-thru back in it like the old ATA 188s and nearly every model of phone has. I don’t need two analog ports. I need 1 analog port and an Ethernet pass-thru for the multifunction printer.

As much as we would all like fax machines to go away, they are not leaving any time soon as evident in every multi-function printer sold today…

I'd like Cisco to create an ATA that offers the choice of SCCP or SIP for call control.

Shabeeb,

That vg202 is a great product, but its not acceptable for Cisco to just say "its not stable" some customers have 100s of these and are having issues.  I am still waiting for my TAC engineer to get back to me.

I know how you must be feeling. But a point comes when you wont care about the ATA anymore and you just need the FAX to work. With ATA, we faced lots and lots of intermittend issues. These issues are very hard to find out and resolve. so after months of r&d, we changed..

I personally have no problem in swapping out ATA 187s for VG202s. Providing of course that CIsco compensates me for selling me a product that isn't fit for purpose and provides them FOC.....

Barry

neil.woolloff
Level 1
Level 1

Have raised a case with cisco tac.

Will have to wait and see what they have to say.

will update as i get things from them.

i agree, cannot just swap things out as they are useless, they are then mis-sold as not able to do job purchased for.

whole heap of sale of good act stuff could be used, but to no gain.

Youssef Aoufi
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Any update about this case?

We are facing the exact same problem.

Did finally the new firmware solves the issue?

Thank you in advance

i have not tried the latest frimware. im using cmterm-ata187.9-2-1-0.cop

this is working good for me..

Hello,

I have a case open with cisco tac.

they acknowledged this was an issue in a previous firmware issue but was fixed in the latest, but seems not.

they have taken away trace and wireshark captures.

am awaiting the outcome of this

cisco did also provide the workaround initially of updating the common phone profile, but this was not feasible on a 6000+ site

customer installed vg224 in the end and no issues with this.

will update when i have more.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you an update.  We updated to the latest version of firmware and then I had to disable SIP inspection on the ASA firewall.  They seem to be very stable right now.  Mine were unregistering and registering every 6 minutes.  Also with the new version of firmware you can enable ssh and see the logs on the ATA itself.  Feel free to email me and we can discuss it further.

Thanks Graham,

my customer has a firewall in situ and will ask him if can try this.

he asked this of cisco tac:

"we have indeed a firewall service module sitting between users and cluster, I have not seen any hits on this but if you can give me relevant ports for keepalives, signalling etc."

but had no response.

i couldn't find anything to assist

Neil

Hi :-)

We have the same problem with ATAs deregistering and have upgraded to latest firmware.

Does anyone know just how to log in to the ATA with ssh?

Thanks

Ola

Olamob,

You have to make a common phone profile.  Once you create one you can set the Username/Pass and enable SSH.  After that you need to go back to the device page and assign the common phone profile to the ATA 187.  After that the ATA will reset and you should be able to SSH into it.  Please let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks Gear!

Worked just as you said.

/Ola

No problem Olamob!  Glad I could help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: