Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 187 deregistered

bagnolini
Level 1
Level 1

I've got CUCM 8.5.1.10000-26 and 5 ATA 187

My problem is that sometimes the ATA 187 randomly deregistered and the only solution is power off and power on the ATA.

This happen to all ATA.

I've checked if there is a new ATA firmware but there isn't.

Any idea?

Thanks

93 Replies 93

Hi again

I've changed the Device Security Profile to UDP only. For me it seems that the ATA 187 boxes are much more stable, and I thought that it solved my deregister problem. But unfortunately I had one box out of 20 that deregistered last week. Not I have added a scheduled job that restarts the boxes every night.

But what a pain that Cisco doesen't have fixed this issue, as such many customers have the problem.

Raised a case to Cisco and they have given me a Especial Engineering firmware 9.2(3)ES7 but i didnt resolve the issue.

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Too bad

It's time for Cisco to inform us about this. I'l ask, is it fair that we have spent alot of cash on a faulty product? 

It's so sad

Raise a case with Cisco.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I tried registering the ATAs to CME but still getting the same issue. It is gotta be a ATA firmware issue.

We turned up using Cisco ATA 186. Stable and no issues.

Hi rr cuares,

Where did you buy ATA 186? the do not get produced anymore.

Best regards

Kristian

We still had ATA 186 but we didn't have power adapters. We bought the adapters off eBay.

John Lukes
Level 1
Level 1

Try configuring the second port on the ATA 187 to see if this resolves the issue, you don't need to allow it to be able to place a call, We updated the software to ver 187.9-2-3-1 and with the second port configured they seem to have stopped unregistering.

Hi John

I'm using both ports on mine 10 ATA 187 boxes. Also running software v. 9.2.3.1. We still have the issue

This is unacceptable. Cisco should exchange them free of charge with ATA 186 or a VG box.

Best regards

Kristian

The deregistration issue has been fixed by disabling multicast MoH in both CUCM and VG.

Our anaylsis indicated that ATA187 was receiving high multicast packets (more than 200 pps).

That being said, we havent completely remove all ATA186 in the customer's network as we are still monitoring the ATA187s.

Wow that is very interesting news. Do we really have a permanent fix for this issue.

So thats mean that we should try and disable multicast MOH on our CUCM and VG (Voice gateway).

Is there any disadvantages by disabling multicast MOH?

SRST MoH wont work. That is the only caveat i know.

How do you disable multicast MoH on VG?

Hmm I don't think we have multicast MoH enabled on our CUCM and VG :\

Can I get you to say how you disabled multicast MoH on your CUCM and VG?

Thanks in advanced

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: