Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 187 does not register with SRST-CME router at branch office

sayeedibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a centralized IP Telephony model deployed for a client with CUCM v8.5 serving the Head Office and 3 remote branches. The remote branches are also provisioned with SRST router and running in SRST-CME mode. We recently provided ATA 187 cards to the client.

I need configuration steps for registering ATA 187 in SRST-CME mode.

Thanks

Ibrahim SAYEED

2 Replies 2

sayeedibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Ok..ATA is now registered. I can see the ATA is now registering and taking the correct extension. I just need to test this with the client but that will be on Saturday. Below are the steps I followed:

1. Loaded the image file c2951-universalk9-mz.SPA.152-2.T1.bin so that i could run Telephony version 9 as it enables ATA 187 registration on CME or SRST or SRST-CME router.

2. On CUCM, withtin the SRST reference confguration page, added SRST-CME router ip as the SIP Network/IP Address

***  After this the ATA would display the Call Manager2 or Stand By reference. A simple way to check this by clicking on the IP address of ATA in the CUCM window.

3. Created a voice register pool on SRST-CME router

voice register global

max-dn 20

max-pool 20

voice register pool 1

id mac F025.7278.4DA3

number 1 3070

number 2 3070

codec g711ulaw

preference 1

4. Made the following further changes on SRST-CME router

voice service voip 

sip     

registrar server

** I did this because when i enabled debug ccsip messages, i could see the message that sip registrar is not configured or not enabled.

I then used the commands show voice register pool 1 and sh dial-peer voice summary to check the ATA registration.

I will update further after testing with the client on Saturday.

Hope this helps somebody.

Thanks

Ibrahim SAYEED

which cme version you have on your gateway? Cisco has given support of ATA 187 from CME 9.0. Prior to this version, you can't add/register ATA 187 on gateways.

ATA 187 can be registered to CUCM, Why do you want to register it with gateway?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: