Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 187 for FAX machine

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I have in my project two ATA 187 and need to connect with fax machine, I already configured the ATA and registered with CUCM 8.6 all things are fine, I have to specify one SIP line number DN for ATA lines and I already did it, I created CSS for that and I can use the FAX for calling just but can't work as a FAX?! Do I need to do something in my VG and CUCM.

This is configuration for VG:

!
voice service voip
allow-connections h323 to h323
allow-connections h323 to sip
allow-connections sip to h323
allow-connections sip to sip
supplementary-service h450.12
no supplementary-service sip moved-temporarily
no supplementary-service sip refer
redirect ip2ip
fax protocol pass-through g711alaw
h323
emptycapability
h225 display-ie ccm-compatible
h225 id-passthru
h225 connect-passthru
h245 passthru tcsnonstd-passthru
modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw
sip
registrar server
!
voice class codec 1
codec preference 1 g711alaw
!

Thanks for all

Mohammad Saeed

2 Replies 2

Ryan Huff
Level 4
Level 4

If you truly do have the ATA registered to CUCM and configured correctly for egress, a quick test would be to connect an analog phone to the same ATA port as the fax machine. After you do that, can you dial out with the same number/pattern being entered on the fax machine? This is an easy way to narrow down what exactly needs further troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Ryan

(.. Please rate helpful posts ..)

Hi Ryan,

I can call and receive outside call with FAX machine (like analog phone) but when I send fax from another fax won't receive it! and I hear normal tone not fax tone when I call it from outside.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: