cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 187 not regestering

david.wild
Level 1
Level 1

HI all having an issue with some ATA 187 devices not registering.  I haver installed both software packs in the right order and on a test machine running 8.0.3 worked fine.  On site i have done the same but this is 8.0.2 CUMBE and the software loads fine but when we add the ata it will not register but also the the icon for the device does not display correctly i.e has an "x" in the picture part is this just a browser issue or any relevance either way they do not want to register.  they have ip addresses etc.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

Did you install the QED (device enabler) file on CUCM?

Installing Cisco Unified Communications Manager

Before using the Cisco Unified IP Phone with Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.1(5) or 8.0, you must install the latest firmware on all Cisco Unified Communications Manager servers in the cluster.

Note You must install the QED file on Cisco Unified Communications Manager before installing the phone firmware. See the Readme file in Step 7 for instructions for installing the QED file.

To download and install the Cisco Unified Communications Manager version, follow these steps:

Procedure

Step 1 Go to the following URL:

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/pub/Redirect.x?mdfid=278875240

Step 2 Log in to the Tools and Resources Download Software page.

Step 3 Click + and choose the IP Telephony folder.

Step 4 Choose Call Control > Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager).

Step 5 Choose your Cisco Unified Communications Manager version.

Installing Firmware Release 9.0(3)

To download and install the phone firmware, follow these steps:

Procedure

Step 1 Go to the following URL:

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Redirect.x?mdfid=278875240

Step 2 Log in to the Tools and Resources Download Software page.

Step 3 Click + and choose the IP Telephony folder.

Step 4 Choose IP Phones > Cisco ATA 180 Series Analog Telephone Adaptors > Cisco ATA 187 Analog Telephone Adaptor.

Step 5 Choose 9.0(3) under the Latest Releases folder.

Step 6 To download the SIP firmware for the ATA 187, click the Download Now or Add to cart button and follow the prompts:

cmterm-ata187.9-0-3-0.cop.sgn

Note If you added the firmware file to the cart, click the Download Cart link when you are ready to download the file.

Step 7 Click the + next to the firmware file name in the Download Cart section to access additional information about this file. The hyperlink for the Readme file is in the Additional Information section, which contains installation instructions for the corresponding firmware:

cmterm-ata187.9-0-3-0-readme.html

Step 8 Follow the instructions in the Readme file to install the firmware.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/psn/software/release.html?mdfid=283118514&catid=&flowid=16101&dvdid=&softwareid=282074215&release=9.0(3)&relind=null&rellifecycle=&reltype=null&i=rp

Cheers!

Rob

HII Rob,

Thanks for that.  I have installed all correctly according to the docs and i can add the device in but they fail to resgister.  The thing that worries me the is the device icon does not show correctly in the admin page.  They show up as x Cisco ATA 187.

I will try and get a screen shot uploaded to explain.

Regards

Well the soultion to this was a reboot of the server.  The icons showed fine and then they registered correctly.  There was no need to do this on a VM test machine.

Not so bad on CUCMBE with 70 phones but maybe a bigger issue on a larger setup for 2 faxes !

Regards

Dave

Marcel Ammann
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

we had the same issue today and we have done a reboot of the cluster and then it works.

The second issue we had, was that the ata didn't register to a second customer cluster on line 1. You must reset the ata to factory defaults and then it registers.

Kind regards

Marcel

Please rate helpful posts!

hi guys,

I am having the same issue. couple questions

1.) on the pub, I actually installed it in the reverse order. do I need to reinstall in the correct order and if so , do I need to uninstall the files first somehow?

2.) when you say reboot the server, are you actually rebooting the server or just restarting the services? on all the servers?

I added the ata after installing the files on the Pub in the reverse order. I wonder if I should remove the ata and then add it back in?

thanks for your help.

janaleszczyk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I run to same problem like Lewis. I would apprecaite if anyone would be able to help us with this issue.

If i installed the files on publisher in rever order what would be the steps to fix it now?

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: