Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA-187 Rings fast busy, cannot remotely reboot/restart

Hello all,

Has anyone had trouble with their Cisco ATA-187 devices on the latest firmware (9.2.3)?  I have about five of these in the field, and since I updated to the lastest available firmware I have had a problem with the devices sporadically going into a fast busy and failing to make calls.  I can access the device via the web access, and it remains registered to call manager.  But I am unable to reboot or restart the device through call manager (it ignores the request).  I have to drive to the location and manually power off and power on the device.  It's becoming a real pain.

Prior to this I was running 9.2.1 on them and I didn't have these problems, so I am considering reverting back.  Just wondering if anyone else out there is experiencing this.

Thanks,

-Steve Ballantyne

2 Replies 2

Jorge Armijo
Level 4
Level 4

I think there are a couple of ES releases for this issue, since 9.2.3 is the latest posted on CCO.

Call TAC, they should be able to give you the ES image, unless you want to downgrade.

HTH

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Just to follow up on this issue ...

I opened a case with both Cisco TAC and my reseller/support folks.  I explained the problem, and that this only started after updating the firmware.  Both tried to fetch the latest, or special releases, etc. but all gave me what I already was running and what is out on the Cisco site for download (9.2.3).

I ended up rolling back to the old code, version 9-2-1-0 and the issue went away.  Perhaps I will roll-forward again one day if they ever move up a version from 9.2.3.