cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 190 will not register

grpsis222
Level 1
Level 1

Have new ATA 190's firmware 2.0.0 (Mar6 2017) that will not register with CUCM 10.5.1. Have older ATA 190's firmware (Feb6 2015) that work A-OK with same CUCM. Looked at log via GUI on ATA and says :

[cucm_load_tftp_addr: 695]loaded 2 tftp server
 [cucm_load_info: 287]loaded tftp address
 [cucm_load_info: 300]loaded mac address: 009AD2C07BF3
 CUCM ERROR!!! [cucm_load_info: 316]cucm_load_info with setting_mode=1, curr_mode=0, __status=7
 [cucm_load_info: 338]load info done
 [cucm_load_info: 341]Load info done and return Ok for Spark Call mode
 [CC_init: 2477]ip address provisioned[201bc80a:ffff]
 [CC_init: 2499]cucm_load_info_failed ===== 0
 [CC_init: 2511]prod_name = , FMWR_MAGIC = ATA190 FiRmWaRe
 [CC_init: 2525]Selected service mod is Spark Call

Any help would be nice!  Thank you.

9 Replies 9

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Based on that my guess is the device is going to try and register to the Webex cloud - I’m not sure how to reset that other than maybe a factory reset on the device ?

I have tried the factory reset of the device with same result in CUCM.
Webex cloud not something we utilize.

Please can you confirm the model. You say this is a new ATA, so I assume its a 191 or 192, as the original 190 is End of Sale.
The ATA 191 comes in an on-prem and a multi platform version. If you received the latter, it may not be able to register to CUCM like a traditional ATA.

Please see the following link for the product details.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/unified-communications/ata-190-series-analog-telephone-adapters/index.html#~stickynav=1

The model is a Cisco ATA 190

Ok, what firmware is on it. Your reference - 2.0.0 (Mar6 2017) doesnt add up. ATA 190 highest firmware is 1.2.2, and the 191's started at 11.0 / 12.0. Can you show a screenshot of the Status > System Information page.

Here is the screenshot:
Thank you for looking at this issue.

sorry, i do not see an attached screenshot.

Sorry, here it is....

Travis-Fleming
Level 1
Level 1

Hey was this ever resolved? We have the same troubles, same error in our logs, and can confirm it's firmware version 2.0.0 (019) according to our status > system information page. Odly enough if I do a packet capture on the switch port the ATA 190 plus into, I never see it try and talk to our TFTP server to even register with CUCM. Thoughts?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: