cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA + certain BT phones don't work but why?

Charles Rayer
Level 1
Level 1

I am testing an ATA and an analogue line and have noticed that certain BT phones do work and others don't.

So the BT Duet 60 wll work on the ATA but not the analogue line

But the BT Decor 2100 and BT Decor 1100 will not work on the ATA (no dial tone) but will work when connected to the analogue line.

I am using the same cable betwen the phone and the ATA each time.

Can someone explain why please?

4 Replies 4

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Hey Charles,

Our analog ATA should work with any given Analog phone unless you have a Propietary Digital phone that is designed for a specific PBX or system.

Looking at the Datasheet for the BT Decor 2100 I can't seem to find good information. It does seem like this phone is compatible with PBX (although it doesn't mention any in particular)

Looking at both phones, the BT Duet is just a normal Analog phone, but the BT Decor looks more like a Digital Phone designed with a Specific PBX in mind.

http://btsupport.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/2193291/1323361604/redirect/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzUwODMxNjY1L3NpZC9lRmhkZmg5bA==

Hi Robert,

Thanks for replying.

I also looked at the data sheets - I wondered maybe it was more to do wth the voltage that the phones need to work may be different, but couldn't find any info like that from the quite restricted data sheets.

I think you're right, that the more complicated they make analog phones the more they don't work.

And I am using an ATA 186 here...

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

What do you mean by it won't work ? No dial tone ? Can't dial ? No MWI ? No Transfer ?

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Charles,

I assume that you have an RJ11 to BT cable to plug into the analogue line?

If you look at the end of this cable that goes into the phone is it using pins 3 and 4?

If not that could be the cause of the problem.

This link may help.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/RJ11-to-BT-plug-wiring-for-a-BT-Diverse-3010-base-station/td-p/549827