cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Charles Rayer
Beginner

ATA upgrade to 3.2.4 on CUCM 7.0

And there was me thinking it was going to be simple!

I can find no relevant documentation for this upgrade.

I see from the download page for the upgrade file that I am supposed to use cmterm-ata-3.2.4-sccp.cop.sgn for CUCM 7.0, but when I check the upgrade instructions all I see is information pertaining to the .zup file. So I tried with the .sgn file, uploading it the the TFTP server and entering it's name in the Phone Load section of the ATA, but nothing.

So then I got the ATA030204SCCP090202A.zup file and did the same, but still nothing.

Does anyone, Cisco included, know how to perform this upgrade please?

Thanks for reading

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have tried and failed to get an automatic upgrade to work on both 6.x & 7.x, and have resigned myself to manual upgrades using the following procedure :

• Get the latest firmware .zip file for the ATA-186. As of   Feb 2009 this is 3.2(4).
  • Unzip the files to a local directory on a PC which has  access to the network where the ATA is.
  • Run 'sata186us.exe -any -d1 .zup on  the PC
  • Plug an analogue handset into port 1 on the ATA
  • Lift the handset and press the button on the ATA, ensuring  you hear the feature mode' message
  • Key 100#IPAddress*8000# using the phone  keypad where IP Address is the local PC IP address.
  • eg 100#192*168*1*1*8000# for IP address  192.168.1.1
  • The ATA will flash rapidly for ~20 seconds and then a  'Upgrade complete' message should be heard.

Hope this helps,

Alistair

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Charles Rayer
Beginner

The only way I thought was to change the Load information in the default device settings to the new .zup file, which I did and then restarted the ATA, but that didn't work either.

Can u pull down ata.cnf.xml and XMLDefault.cnf.xml 
from your CCM and check if they are within 4K in size?
There is a known issue where upgrade/registration fails
due to file size issue and you'd need to do it manually:
CSCsd44357 ATA186 Auto-Registration Fails if XMLDefault file exceeds 4k in Size

I have tried and failed to get an automatic upgrade to work on both 6.x & 7.x, and have resigned myself to manual upgrades using the following procedure :

• Get the latest firmware .zip file for the ATA-186. As of   Feb 2009 this is 3.2(4).
  • Unzip the files to a local directory on a PC which has  access to the network where the ATA is.
  • Run 'sata186us.exe -any -d1 .zup on  the PC
  • Plug an analogue handset into port 1 on the ATA
  • Lift the handset and press the button on the ATA, ensuring  you hear the feature mode' message
  • Key 100#IPAddress*8000# using the phone  keypad where IP Address is the local PC IP address.
  • eg 100#192*168*1*1*8000# for IP address  192.168.1.1
  • The ATA will flash rapidly for ~20 seconds and then a  'Upgrade complete' message should be heard.

Hope this helps,

Alistair

Hi Dilip,

Nope I can't see how to grab any files from the TFTP server.

Hi Alistair - brilliant! Nice and simple, we only have a dozen and I can do them manually, thanks.

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad