Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA186 firmware 3.2.4 : loss of caller ID after first ring

florian perves
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm currently working on a migration project from CCM4 to CUCM8.6.

Before switching to the new CUCM, I need to upgrade phones and ATA firmwares to reach the same firmwares versions that the ones available on CUCM8.6.

We use ATA186 to plug Siemens analog DECT cordless phones. Initially the ATA run 3.2.3 firmware and everything works correctly on CCM4.

After upgrading the firmware to 3.2.4 on CCM4, the incoming caller ID appears on the DECT Phone Display only during the first ring. After the first ring, the phone seems to stop ringing during 2 seconds, notifies a missed call, and restart to ring and displays "External" instead of the caller ID.

This is true for both internal and external calls.

I tried to play with the CallerIDmethod parameter on the ATA but unsuccessfully. Its value is currently set to 0x00019e62 (as recommended for Germany).

Switching back to 3.2.3 firmware restores the initial correct behavior.

In my lab, I reproduced the same problem with the 3.2.4 firmware running on CUCM 8.6.2. Unfortunately firmware 3.2.3 is not available for CUCM 8.6.2.

Does anybody have a clue regarding this ?

Regards,

Florian

1 Reply 1

florian perves
Level 1
Level 1

Finally,

With the exact same configuration, upgrading the ATA186 firmware from 3.2.3 to 3.2.4 brings modifications in the electrical signal sent to analog device on incoming call. The interval between two electrical pulses is longer than before.

Some phones (such as Siemens Gigaset C590) consider this interval between two pulses beeing too long and consider the second pulse as a different incoming call.

Tweaking the RingCadence from 2,4,25 to 2,4,22 solved the problem.

Regards,

Florian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: