cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA186

Abhishek Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

i have configured ATA 186 in cucm and connect a fax machine to its port. When i am dialing fax machine no. its continously ringing like normal phone, not getting fax tone after dialing the fax machine no....... frnds any suggestion why i am not getting fax tone ?

5 Replies 5

Felipe Garrido
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like the fax machine isn't going off hook when receiving a call. Can you make sure it's set to go offhook? Also make sure that you're plugged into the correct port on the ATA.

-Felipe

Thanks Felipe....... actually Fax tone was not configured in fax machine. Thats y phone was continously ringing.

But my ATA fundas still not cleared ...... As per cisco ATA doc we have to login into ATA and do the some configuration (like we have to give CUCM IP add.... ) but in our ATA we didn't login into ATA, we just add the ATA in cucm and gave the DN and its working. Then y we have to login into ATA and do the such config.......Felipe please clear my doubt.

Its because you most likely have CUCM provide the Ip address for ATA using DHCP and TFTP server address using Option 150. You can check this setting on your server. Its almost like connecting an IP phone in the right switch port and it getting registered to CUCM without manually changing any settings (provided you have Auto registration enabled)

Hope that clears the question. If the question is answered, please mark it so.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Pashmeen

thanks pashmeen for the reply....... do u want to say that if Auto registration is not enabled then only we have to login into ATA and do the configuration ??? i have seen doc on cisco site regarding ATA, there is one specific URL to login into ATA, as u logged into ATA one interface comes where u have to assign CUCM ip add. ......so many option in configuration. In which situation we have to configure ATA like this ?

With SCCP firmware, you should not have to configure anything on the ATA webpage. For H.323 or SIP, all the configuration is done on teh ATA.

-Felipe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: