cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA190s not registering after network issues

CUCM55120
Level 1
Level 1

We have just under 100 ATAs spread across multiple sites. Have recently noticed whenever we experience any sort of network issue or network outage that once service is restored the ATAs (mostly 190s) will retain their IP address and still be accessible through their web interface but will unregister from call manager and it seems to be impossible to fix the issue remotely.

Physically rebooting the device always seems to resolve the issue but that is very impractical when it may be between 10 and 20 devices in multiple comms rooms spread between 6 or 7 sites. Most of our ATAs have been placed in comms rooms rather than next to the phone they are connected to to stop users tampering with them but this also means we can't ask the user to power cycle the ATA rather than having to visit each one ourselves. Have tried to resetting them on call manager but I assume this has no affect as the devices are unregistered and therefore not listening to the reset. Have also tried downing the switch port and bringing it back up but nothing we can do remotely seems to kick them in to registering again. I assumed there would be a button to send a reset on the admin page of the ATA but can't seem to find it.

Just tried manually setting the TFTP address on one of the ATAs and I have now lost access to the Voice admin page on the ATA itself but can access the other two pages which is odd.

Thanks.

20 Replies 20

Using that firmware and both lines are up, it does seem do some sort of software reset, but it never looses a ping during the reset which is how I used to determine they were resetting, but anyways it wasn't enough to get back registered until I did a physical reset.

Maybe cisco can add a "simulate pulling the power plug" reset button.

****Update****

This also works on ATA191 

Model:ATA191
Product ID:ATA191-K9
Boot Version:BOOT-ATA191.12-0-1-2
Firmware Version:12-0-1SR2-3 Jul 25 2019

So glad I found this thread.  TAC keeps telling us that you have to have MPP on the ATA to get remote reboot via the web gui but we don't need MPP, seems silly to have this as a required firmware in order to remotely reboot an ATA.  I also set up ssh in an attempt to reboot and this works as well but i'm having a hard time finding any CLI guide for ATA's.  If anyone has a link or knows specifically once you're in an ATA via SSH the difference between (from the CLI after doing an ?):

reboot
powercycle phone, please be careful to use it

reset soft

reset hard

you're given 3 reset/reboot options, I'm just looking for what is the difference between each of these.

Thanks

Yes, we're using an Amcrest FOE5912 for each of our ATAs. They're pretty great. We actually started buying these in bulk for ATA deployments specifically, but have started using them in a myriad of (non-critical) applications just because of how convenient they are. They have 3 different voltage settings so they're very flexible. Great for small devices in a lab rack instead of using power bricks everywhere.

So now after 3 years we have new software, anb reboot button on web-page:
cmterm-ata190.1-2-2-003_SR1-1.k3.

Has anyone experienced more lockups with new software? Can you now access reboot button successfully?

Just upped to this new software, a lot of options have been added including a working Reboot button. Will see if they continue to  randomly stop working.

I've largely replaced all the cisco ATA with one from Planet Technology's which is a great device.

The cisco ATA 190 is absolute junk. If you do use it pairing it with something like the Amcrest FOE5912 is a must to deal with needed reboots. Otherwise use something 3rd party like Planet Tech's VIP-156PE or 157 for 2 line.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: