cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

attempting to rollover to call handler then to same extension voicemail when they input

jkring001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have CUCM and CUC.  I am trying to setup a department where they want the main number to ring on the phone first, then if no one answers or if busy, it rolls over to a call handler to allow the caller to choose which office to leave a voicemail, then if they just pick front desk again, to leave a voicemail using the same extension.

I have the phone setup with 3330.

I have a forwarding rule that says if 3330 is dialed go to call handler.

I have the call handler go through the options 1, 2, 3, and 4 pointing back to..well this is where I am stumped.  I want it to leave a voice mail message to 3330.

But if I create a voicemail box for 3330, callers get directed to that instead of the call handler.  Is there a way to switch it around?

Any input is appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

jkring001
Level 1
Level 1

I believe I figured it out.  I was using the rule for forwarding on unity wrong.  At first I selected dialed and equals, instead it should have been forwarded with incoming and the extension that is called.  In this case it was 3330.  Once I entered this, it started working for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: