cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console 8.6.1 - DDI Route Point status Unknown..

Farhan Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

After we integrated CUEAC 8.6 to CUCM 8.5, the route point for DDI shows "Unknown" status. All the other RPs for Gateway, Service and Park are registered. Re-sych with CUCM doesn't help either. I need to confirm if  DDI Route Point after intergrating AC into CUCM should be registered or not?. Some post stated that CTIs for AC should be registered but didn't really state about DDI. Currently, if we call DDI number we get a fast busy tone.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Farhan

15 Replies 15

Steven Griffin
Level 4
Level 4

Farhan,

The CTI-Route point should register.   The first thing I would check is for a duplicate DN.  Check the route plan report for assigned and unassigned DN's.  Remove any duplicate/unassgined DN that is not assigned to the CTI Route Point.

-Steven

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

Thanks for the reply Steven. I ran route plan report and it showed only one dn for DDI. Tried resetting the Directory and CTI RP and status still shows unknown.

Thanks,

Farhan

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Farhan

DDI is a CTI Route Point on the Call Manager which should definetly be showing registered on the call manager with the DN mentioned on the CUEAC server.

Do the following to mitigate the issue not particularly in the mentioned order.

1: Restart the CTI service and AXL service on the call manager server/servers.

2: Check if the wav drivers are installed on the CUEAC server.

3: Restart the services on the CUEAC server.

Do the above and let us know.

HTH

Tapan

Hi All,

We restarted both, the services and the server, but that didn't help either. We installed TAPI on the server and that did the trick. Although the documentation says that TAPI is installed as part of the install on server but I think that wasn't the case.

Thanks,

Farhan

Hi Guy's

I am trying to understand this topic and still not going nowhere,

1. CTI Route Point, CTI Port difference between them and where do we use it?

2. On my Attendant Console F9 Queues Can someone tell me how do I know if this is internal and External

3. Dirctory Number: I can't see Numbers in there? I got ExMobility Configured for the users does it  work with EM? Please Help

4. Does the CTIPort number have to be a specific number, or it can be anything?

Hi all, we have the same issue :

- CUCMBE 8.6 on MCS server

- CUBAC 8.6 on Win2003 R2 32 bit Standard Edition

I've tried all the tricks listed in this page (even re-insatlling TAPI), but we still see the RPs associated to the queue DDIs with port status unknown, and they are still unregistered.. I've tried to re-synch AC and CUCMBE but there's no way (or at least I'm not able to find) to have RPs registered on the cucm, and when we try to call the queue ddi we hear a fast busy tone...

Any help/suggestion will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance...

g

Hi,

I have the same issue with CUEAC 8.6.2.11 and CUCM 8.6.2 this weekend, we have tried everything this weekend to get the CTI RP registered but failed miserably.

CUEAC server built to correct specification (Terminal services disabled etc), re-installed the correct TAPI downloaded from CUCM. Restarted services on CUCM and various resets and reboots on the CUEAC server.

Very frustrating as we had to cancel a migration.

It worked fine with CUCM 8.6.1 (installing the 8.6.1 TAPI on the CUEAC server).

I think it all started due to a Friday 13th bad vibe.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I have just installed that version of CUEAC with CUCM 8.0 over the last week and had similar problems.

They were solved by:

1. changing TSP timeout to 300
  2. Installing the wave driver.

Hope this helps.

Hi,
to update the case, here's how we've solved:

- checking the TSP logs I've found the error code 0x8ccc00f3 and I've  found that the issue is not due to TSP or media driver, but to the  common device configuration applied to CTI devices: I had both IPv4 and  IPv6, and this causes troubles as stated here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...80946192.shtml

and here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2108789

I've removed CDC from CTI RPs and they register as expected, and Queue DDIs are reachable :-)

Thanks

g

Hi,

Removing the common device configuration on the phone template used by CUEAC solved the problem for me this time.

The CTI RP registered straight away when a performed a resync with CUCM.

Stange thing is the CTI RP registered fine with CUCM8.6.1 even with the CDC still applied.

Thanks again for the superb suggestions.

I had the same issue with CUEAC 8.6.2.11 and CUCM 8.6.2a. CTI ports are not registering. I saw your post.

I removed the IPv6 on the configured Common Device Configuration, restarted CTI services, Reset the CTI ports and that solved my problem.

Thanks a lot for this!!!

Bing

I can also confirm I had the same symptoms - All CTI Ports registered ok but CTI Route point would not register.

Removing common device configuration resolved this issue for me. Thanks, 5 stars.

Awesome solution.

Thank you.

Remaining of my questions

5. Can the internal number Queue be the Receptionist, and can she still log on to the AC using here internal number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: