cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

I need to configure our front desk so that calls can be placed to any 3 lines depending if one of the other lines are being used. I also need it to forward to a call handler within unity if she is not at her desk or it's off hours.

Currently

I have configured her phone in a hunt group for Attendant console and added all of her lines 2-4 then the last option is my route point that points to unity with a CFWALL to vm. The lines are configured to roll to the other 2 lines when busy/no coverage/ no answer etc.

Problem

When I call off hours and her attendant console is closed, everything works fine. But if she leaves her desk the call rings for 3 min then hangs up on the caller.

Question 1

Does she need to do anything with the attendant console when she leaves her desk?

Question 2

How are the lines on this phone suppose to be configured?

Question 3

Any ideas on how I might improve my current setup?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Simply configure the AC lines forward no answer to point to the same call handler DN, this way if she does not answer within the ring no answer timer the call will end up going the call handler.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 options:

1. Create a seperate VM Profile that masks the DN to the extension of the handler and apply this VM profile to the AC DNs.

2. Create forwarding routing rule in Unity that matches the DNIS of the AC line and sends it to the handler.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Simply configure the AC lines forward no answer to point to the same call handler DN, this way if she does not answer within the ring no answer timer the call will end up going the call handler.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris! How do I get the line to foward the ext of the call handler instead of the line. When I look into Unity I show unity is receiving the line fowarding station not the call handler ext? Ideas?

2 options:

1. Create a seperate VM Profile that masks the DN to the extension of the handler and apply this VM profile to the AC DNs.

2. Create forwarding routing rule in Unity that matches the DNIS of the AC line and sends it to the handler.

HTH,

Chris

Thank you Chris, Option 1 worked like a charm.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: