cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auth Fail when register the new 7961G phone to CUCM

kenchung321
Level 1
Level 1

When I tried to connect the new 7961G to CUCM, it started to download the firmware SCCP41.9-0-2SR1S to 7961G however it show "Auth Fail" on the screen and the download stopped. I have checked the release notes before and think that maybe I need to upgrade it to SCCP41.8-5-2SR1S first before upgrade to SCCP41.9-0-2SR1S. However it also show "Auth Fail" when I tried to load the SCCP41.8-5-2SR1S in it. And the current 7961G version should be SCCP.8-2-0-55. What should I do next?

11 Replies 11

kenchung321
Level 1
Level 1

The 7961 can upgraded to the CCM version SCCP41.9-0-2SR1S now however it could not register to CCM, of course the related phone profile is created. The message is “Registration Rejected : Error Misma….” Showing at the bottom of the phone’s display screen.

Can anyone help me for this problem?

Registration Rejected : Error Misma….”  is not related to trusted list or firmware version, It is related to "device type"
or "MAC address". please check your "device type" and  "MACaddress"  again.

Regards

Mojtaba

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In your case, the upgrade is a 2 steps process.

From 9.0.2SR1 release notes, we have:

"For all SCCP firmware upgrades from firmware release versions earlier than 8.3(3) to version 9.0(2)SR1 or greater, you must first upgrade your firmware to version 8.3(3). Once you have upgraded to version 8.3(3), you can upgrade your IP Phone to version 9.0(2)SR1 or later"

Pierre.

Thanks for the information, its can upgrade to 9.0 now, however the home can't register and show Registration Rejected : Error Mismatch on the bottom of the screen, what could possibly cause this? Am I did anything wrong to make it mismatch?

Is your phone a 7961 or a 7961G-GE ?

If possible, try to delete the phone from the database and then try to register the phone (auto-registration).

Pierre.

Hello,

could you post your last phone console logs (See screenshot)?

Kind regards,

Marcel

Hi Guys,

I am having the same problem with IP Phone 7961G, but, when turn on the Phone, appear upgrading, after then auth failed, then stopped the cisco page. When I turn on, is not possible to see the firmware version. The IP Phone don´t worked when I reset factory. I tryed put the firmware version 9.2.3, but, didn´t worked too.

Thanks,

Wilson

Did you try to delete the CTL file ?

Hi Phooghen,

Yes, I did this procedure, but, didn´t work.

Thanks,

Wilson

As indicated above and in many other posts, you need to load 8.3.3 on it.

Unless you do that, the phone will never upgrade to an higher version.

Hi Bevilacqua,

Thank Your for attentation. I Tryed put many firmware version, but, didn´t work. When turn on IP Phone It didn´t show the current version and I press the button too not is possible to saw what was the current version. I request my Customer to do RMA of IP Phone.

Thank You very much,

Wilson