cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Authentication Users on Call Manager without the plugin on the AD.

ronaldo.melo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Folks, anyone know how I can authenticate a user at IP phone (Call Manager) on the AD ,like 802.1x, without installing the Cisco plugin on it?

I want something like Radius (IAS) integrated with AD.

Regards,

2 Replies 2

Rick Arps
Level 4
Level 4

You can have callmanager sync with AD through ldap.   This doesn't require any extra plugins for AD or Callmanager.  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_0_1/ccmsys/a04direc.html

hth

Rick

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So, you may need to clarify your question but I get the impression you aren't talking about user authentication via AD to web-based components such as CCMUser web page.  It sounds like you want to use AD (or some other solution) at the phone itself to authenticate for applications like say "EM".  In that case, the authentication leverages ther user's PIN that is stored separately in the CUCM DB.  AD is not used in this case.

Is that what you're looking for?  Honestly, I don't know what "plug-in" you're talking about on the AD side.

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: