cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto attendant call by extensions

BigK
Level 1
Level 1

I have to configure auto attendant in CU for callers calling 800#. The 800 number is already forwarded to CTI route point 1000 in CM. I would like the AA to be configured for option to have the caller press 1 to dial by extension if they known it. I don't want all company extensions to be available to the caller, only few. Example extensions from 1001 to 10012.

Thanks in advance

Karim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yeah, no real need for press 1 if you know the extension, you can simply list the options for the caller input, and tell them at some point that they can dial the extension at any time.

You will need to either block or allow the numbers that you will allow transfer to, look at what you currently have and then adjust as required.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is really no need to send them to another call handler or press 1, but if you want that, configure caller input to send them to another call handler with the option to transfer to non-subscriber DN if necessary, and then adjust your restriction tables as needed.

HTH

java

@Jaime Valencia

Thanks Jaime,

So all I need to do is create a greeting like this "if you know the extension you wish to dial please enter it now otherwise"

press 1 of sales 

press 2 for cheese burger :-)

One more thing - how do I adjust restriction tables for the caller to only can dial from 1001 to 10012.

Thanks again!

Karim

Yeah, no real need for press 1 if you know the extension, you can simply list the options for the caller input, and tell them at some point that they can dial the extension at any time.

You will need to either block or allow the numbers that you will allow transfer to, look at what you currently have and then adjust as required.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: