cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Attendant/Greetings Question/Help!!!!!

jcarrabine1
Level 1
Level 1

The configuration of our AA is;

A person Calls in the main number and is asked to make one of several selections. Some go to sub-menus, and others go directly to a hunt group.

I was asked to change one of the selections but I not sure how/if I can do what I would like to do.

Currently the way this menu works is call main number->AA answers->person presses 1->AA puts them in a hunt group

What they want to do is; call main number->AA answers->person presses 1->a short informational message plays->release to hunt group

I know how I want to do it, but I can't see where I actually CAN do it. The only way I can see to do it is to add a CTI and point the first pressed key (1) to the new CTI->have the recording on that CTI and at the end of the recording tell them to press 1 (AGAIN) to be dumped into that hunt.

Is there a way to: call main AA->user presses selection->play additional message->then release to hunt group without input?

I would appreciate any help!

Unity Connection/CUCM 8.6

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is fine....you can still use the same setup that i mentioned

caller reaches main AA => presses 3, which sends call to greeting for call handler #2 which will play the message..on call handler 2, set the after greeting action to send to call handler #3. Call handler 3 will not have a greeting...just a transfer option which sends the call to the hunt group extension.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello,

This should be possible with the use of 3 call handlers.

1. The first call handler is the main AA that callers will hit when calling the main number.

2. The second call handler will play the informational recording

3. The third call handler will transfer the call to the hunt pilot extension.

Caller calls main AA => presses 1 => sends call to greeting for call handler #2..on the after greeting action for this call handler, set the call to attempt transfer for call handler #3...on the transfer options for call handler 3, set that to the hunt pilot extension.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

I guess I need to clarify a bit.

example:

Caller calls main number:

AA menu options

press 1 for engineering

press 2 for accounting

press 3 for marketing

callers wanting to get to maketing press option 3-> then the message should play for those people trying to reach marketing

i.e. "we are having a marketing competition this quarter please ask the next accociate for detials"

release to hunt group.

Sorry for the confusion

That is fine....you can still use the same setup that i mentioned

caller reaches main AA => presses 3, which sends call to greeting for call handler #2 which will play the message..on call handler 2, set the after greeting action to send to call handler #3. Call handler 3 will not have a greeting...just a transfer option which sends the call to the hunt group extension.

Got a bit confusing since I have never done this, but I have the framework built, and will record and test this coming week and report back.

Thanks alot....even more so if this works. It makes sense though. It was the transer rules that stumped me.

OK...let us know how it goes.

Worked like a charm. Thank you so much. You are awesome my friend.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: