Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Attendant using CALLXPRESS

azeemo157
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have a customer using Cisco Call manager 6.1.2 IPT solution. The customer has gone with CALLXPRESS as his Voice mail Solution. I have successfully integrated CALLXPRESS with CCM and it is working fine. Now CALLXPRESS is using 505 as its Voicemail Piolt number which is also a DID number. Apparently their Auto Attendant system is also configured on the DID number. Now customer requirement is after office hours when the receptionist leaves the office she should transfer her calls to this pilot number. her DID number is 500. Now comes the problem CALLXPRESS will treat any FORWARDED call as a voice MAIL call and only a DIRECT call to the DID wil be answered by the AA. The vendor has asked me to TRANSLATE any calls COMING to thr RECEPTION after office hours to 505 such that any calls coming to 500 will DIRECTLY land on 505 and not 500. I cannot FORWARD any calls like no forward to CTI ROUTE POINT, nothing at all. HOW do i do this TRANSLATION?

PLEASE HELP!!!! THIS IS VERY MPORTANT!!!!

7 Replies 7

chadlincoln
Level 3
Level 3

Here is how you can do it.

Create two partitions named Receptionist_Open and Receptionist_Closed.

Make sure that all other CSS can reach both of these partitions, but also make sure that when you add them in, that the Receptionist_Open partition is listed ahead of the Receptionist_Closed partition.

Create time periods and a time schedule for the hours they are open and assign it to the Receptionist_Open partition. Then go to the receptionist phone and put her 500 in the Receptionist_Open partition. Create a translation pattern of 500 and put it in the Receptionist_Closed partition. Set the CSS of the translation pattern to one that can call the voicemail pilot and set the called party translation at the bottom to 505.

The previous config will:

Based on the hours configured through time periods/schedules on the CM, the receptionists DN will be active only during that time. All other times, it will be translated into 505 which is the voicemail pilot and go directly in without a forward.

If you have any problems or questions, please let me know.

Please rate if this helped.

Hi thanks i know for the time based but that the whole point...customer does not want it time based it should happen whenever the receptionist leaves the office which can be anytime ???!!???

Is this the only solution?? then i will customer that only this is possible

Hi thanks i know for the time based but that the whole point...customer does not want it time based it should happen whenever the receptionist leaves the office which can be anytime ???!!???

Is this the only solution?? then i will customer that only this is possible

If the requirements are that it CANNOT be forwarded, I don't see how you're going to get around it.

Thank you i am going to tell customer that this is his only option.

Hi

Thank you for your Reply. I have implemented this and it is working now. Now Customer has the requirement that ONLY Calls from OUTSIDE (ie PSTN) should go to the AA number while if a call goes from an internal phone it should ring at the reception phone.

Thank you

Glad I could help. Don't forget to rate posts that help you around here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: