Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto-conference or simultaneous ring and talk

NormMuelleman
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings;

We are using CUCM 8.x. We have 4-6 phones that need to be in a party-line type scenario. I've seen something similar posted, but was unclear on the response.

These phones are emergency phones. Pick up one, they should all ring, and others should be able to pick up and be a part of the conference.

I'm still new to Cisco VOIP...I know a little on CUCM, and I've made a hunt group before. But this isn't a "hunt group". I think it's been called auto-conference.

These phones should only be used for this emergency type call; they dont need to be making other calls.

We've got this already in a group, but I dont think we have it set right. When one person picks up the phone, it rings. When another person picks up one of the ringing phones, they connect. But anyone else that picks up gets a busy signal. Is this simply setting the busy setting higher? Or are we not configuring this correctly?

Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no way to build the automatic conference, I have done this in the past with MeetingPlace, another alternative would be to use InformaCast solution which now comes with CUCM 9.X, IC recently add the exact feature you are looking for.

HTH,

Chris

So, if I get this right, CUCM 8.x does not support what we are trying to do. What about setting up a MeetMe number as a hot-button? The goal is one central location makes the call...4 down stream phones ring at the same time, and everyone can pick up and converse with all others. We cannot puchase a third-party solution, so I'm trying to see what we can do here.

It seems like we have a hunt group set up; the main locale is picking up the phone, and it's ringing to the first in the list; and if they don't pick up, the next in the list is picking up and then no one else can get in.

Again, I'm just looking for options. In the old days, you just wired the phones together, and if one rang, they all rang, and you could all pick up and be on the call Seems like we shot ourselves in the foot

Sure you can use meetMe, but meetMe needs to be initiated internally from an IP phone via MeetMe softkey, so if one user starts it others can join without problems.

HTH,

Chris

Even with line groups there's no way to do what you want, a broadcast line group would ring all phones, but only one can answer the call.

And any of the other settings from a line group will do the same, depending on the status of the members, they'll get the call or not. But it won't go thru the whole list so everyone gets the call.

There's no way to do what you want with just CUCM.

Either it's an ad-hoc or a meet-me conference. And they need user intervention.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use my script "group caller" that does exactly that. It uses an unlocked meet-me conference,

It can be acquired on the website mentioned in my profile.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: