Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Dial (Bat Phone) FXS Ports on MGCP Router

carldu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are attempting to emulate a setup we currently have on our PBX.  Scenario is a user picks up a phone, and the "phone" (or PBX) automatically dials a given extension.  What we have now is IOS routers configured by the CCM with MGCP.  I tried to do a more manual process of setting up this up I found here ...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/fxs/configuration/guide/fxsbasic.html

... but I am ASSUMING this isn't working because the router is setup via MGCP?  Basically what happens is I do the following:

sccp local GigabitEthernet0/0

sccp ccm ##.##.##.## identifier 11 version 7.0

sccp ccm ##.##.##.## identifier 10 version 7.0

sccp ccm group 1

associate ccm 10 priority 1

associate ccm 11 priority 2

stcapp ccm-group 1

! Has the FXS Port the "Bat Phone" is connected to (port 0/1/1)

dial-peer voice 999011 pots

service stcapp

port 0/1/1

Once I have this in theory I am going to do:

sccp plar

voiceport 0/1/1 dial 1210

When I attempt to do the voiceport 0/1/1 dial 1210 I get the error:

stcapp must be configured before configure sccp plar

I can go into global config, type stcapp, but it does nothing to start it.  So I'm sure I'm an idiot for even trying the above, anyone have a resource or something they can point  me to in getting this type of config done in the CCM somehow?  We are using CCM 8.6.2.  The router is a 2911 with a VIC3/2FXS/DID card running 15.1(4)M2.  Thanks to anyone that can help point me in the right direction.

4 Replies 4

You mention that you have the ports setup as MGCP controlled in CUCM but in IOS you have them setup as SCCP controlled. I recommend that you use SCCP, so you need to add the GW as a SCCP GW and remove the ports from the MGCP config. You can still have MGCP control any other ports, for example T1/E1.

Look at this URL for how to setup the IOS part, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/fxs/configuration/guide/fxsbasic.html

The setup in CUCM it pretty straight forward and the online documentation is pretty good.

Please rate useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

So is the reason that stcapp is seemingly "unable" to start because on the CUCM the gateway isn't configured that way, thus it can't register?  In addition, if I change the device on CUCM those two FXS ports must be SCCP not MGCP I presume.  Thanks much for the reply.

Not really, you should be able to do the IOS config separately from the CUCM. Can you please post your running config so that we can have a look at it.

The CUCM part is correct, you need to setup the GW as SCCP controlled and remove the FXS ports from the control of MGCP.

Please rate useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Hi,

do you remember the solution - my router, configured as SCCP, is also complaining about stcapp must be configured before configure sccp plar whereas the voiceport is setup for stcapp:

dial-peer voice 500 pots 
 service stcapp 
 port 2/0

sccp plar
voiceport 2/0 dial 3660
kind regards,
Juan