cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto failover for PRI

Vijay Patil
Level 3
Level 3

I m facing issue where the requirement is for the Auto fail over for PRI .

We are having 2 Cisco Voice gateway on first VGW TATA PRI was configured & on other VGW Reliance PRI was configured ...we created SIP trunk...& given the priority to TATA trunk over Reliance trunk in Route Group...

is this enough for fail over...i mean if TATA PRI will Down call can automatic go through the Reliance VGW...

or something extra we need to configure.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, for outbound it should be sufficient, but remember you do not control inbound as that is telco driven.

Also, you should plan on testing it as you may need to play around with the following service parameters (I always set to FALSE):

Stop routing on unallocated number flag

Stop routing on user busy flag

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, for outbound it should be sufficient, but remember you do not control inbound as that is telco driven.

Also, you should plan on testing it as you may need to play around with the following service parameters (I always set to FALSE):

Stop routing on unallocated number flag

Stop routing on user busy flag

we done the testing ...& its working as per requirement ...when we shutdown the port from primary VGW of priority PRI...auto failover happen

Hi Vijay,

You are using SIP line or PSTN??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: