Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto PRI Failover ??

Rajan R
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Have a 2911 router with a 2 port T1/E1 port with two PRI connections. On MGCP.

If one PRI fails how do i get all calls to go out from the 2nd PRI automatically ?

Thanks

10 Replies 10

Rajkumar Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Raju,

If you have CUCM with gateway running on MGCP , then you can create two route groups as you have two 2 E1 port.

Under your route list, mapped those two route group.

Regards,

Raaj

Thanks for the reply.

If the port 0 PRI fails from ISP side, does call route automatically thru the other port ?

Thanks

Yes it should work.

Please do the testing from your end ( by shutting down the controller from voice router)

If its not then you may need to consider below setting also.

Please try in below manner
Make sure each gateways / Trunk are in separate route group and then call each one under same Route list

Also set the below 3 service parameter to false.
Stop Routing on Out of Bandwidth Flag  Required Field
Stop Routing on Unallocated Number Flag  Required Field
Stop Routing on User Busy Flag  Required Field
Hope it helps.
Regards,
Raaj

Hi Raju,

Did the fail over happened ?

Regards,

Raaj

Hello RAjkumar,

can 2 different PRI with the different router will work for the same

Hi Vijay,

Yes it will indeed work from fail over perspective.

Make sure they are in different router group and listed inside same route list in ordered manner.

Regards,

Raaj.

I am planning to create HA of voice gateway,MY one gateway is Cisco 2900 series and other is Cisco ISR 4431.Router failover is successfully created  but i am facing issue in PRI failover from one gateway to other gateway.When is shut interface failover of PRI successfully done but when i unregistered services of PRI  from service provider will interface not shut and failover will not accomplish due to interface UP.According to service provider signals of PRI is up on interface thats why gateway will not move services to another gateway.

Kindly give me suggestion to make auto PRI failover from one gateway to another gateway in above scenerio.

Regards,

Muhammad Jawwad Baig

Hi , 

For PRI failover ISP provider need to route calls to alive controller. And they need to check your controller or device keepalive message and send calls.please check with your ISP team for PRI fail over. If SIP surely they can check your device reachability to send calls.

From VG side we can receive calls in 1 VG and forward to another VG or another devices etc…

Regards,
Ram.S

1 You can can create two route group and add two route group in route list top down order list.

Hi Sandip,

Is there no option of on gateway level to analyze isdn signals on interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: