cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automated attendant continues to ring phone after hangup

anand.narine1
Level 1
Level 1

I setup a call handler that transfers to user extensions fine. If the caller enters an extension number after the greeting they get transferred to the number, but if they hang up before the call is answered the recipient phone continues to ring. I am using cucm and cu 6.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi anand , I think I replied after you've posted the PSTN setup. I agree with Jonathan , It seems to be a FXO disconnection issue for incoming PSTN calls . Check also the scenario of putting the Cisco Unity Connection in the Picture of call routing and out of it .

View solution in original post

Hi Anand

Do you use full consultation or release to switch on the CUC ? Try both options

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

anand.narine1
Level 1
Level 1

this is only for incoming pstn calls

pstn -----------> fx0  voice router  fa0 -------------> Cucm/cu server

|

fxs

it does not matter if the recipient is an ip phone on cucm, or analog phone on fxs port on the router. the phone contiues to ring after pstn caller hangs up.

fx0 port on router is configured as:

voice port 2/0/0

connection plar opx 1600 (where 1600 is my AA number)

This is, to some extent, a limitation of the FXO interface. Here is a document that explains your problem (Scenario 1) and how to address it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

What is the Voice Gateway interface type Analogue or Digital setup ? Does it drops only when the incoming call hits the Unity Connection or for example any incoming to IP Phone

yes the call sucessfully drops if it goes to an ip phone or fxs phone directly from pstn. however once i configure calls to go to the AA number instead, the situation i described occurs. see the above diagram in my prev reply for the setup.

jonathan i've read that article. I did have the problem before, but entering opx in the connection plar statement fixed that issue.

But now that i have incoming calls going to AA, the issue has occurred again.

Hm, that's strange that it would behave differently when routing through CXN. I suggest debuging the router to see whether it believes the port has gone on-hook or not. If it doesn't (and thus doesn't tell CUCM of that fact) then it's not CXN's fault and you're still being impacted by the answer supervision issue I referenced above.

debug vpm signal

debug voip ccapi inout

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi anand , I think I replied after you've posted the PSTN setup. I agree with Jonathan , It seems to be a FXO disconnection issue for incoming PSTN calls . Check also the scenario of putting the Cisco Unity Connection in the Picture of call routing and out of it .

Hi Anand

Do you use full consultation or release to switch on the CUC ? Try both options

sorry i pressed correct answer by mistake. how do i uncorrect ?

what's the difference in those 2 options abdel ?

Hi Anand

It is simply will instruct the Unity Connection whether to be in the Call path of the incoming calls for further treatment if No-Answer occured OR whether it divert or release the Connection to the CUCM.

ok i will try that. where is the setting at ?

Hi anand

It is in the Transfer Rule in the System Call handler window .  Also Jonathan suggestion is valid as we need to look at the GW level  traces as well .

the release to switch option is only available if i select a specific extension to be transferred to. This would cause my call handler to transfer any calls to it to this extension, which is not what i would want.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: