cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automated Attendant with Unity Connection 8.x

ethangwee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, is there any configuration example for configuring automated attendant using Unity Connection 8.x?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The term Automated Attendant can mean different things to different people.  Some people think of AA as the directory assistance functionality where others associate it with Call Handlers.  So, which of the following do you need assistance with:

1.  Look someone up by dialing or speaking the subscriber name and then Unity Connection transfers the call.

OR

2.  Press 1 for this, Press 2 for that, and so on - i.e., Call Handler menu options (tiered or untiered).

You'll need to provide more details around what you want to accomplish.  Call Handlers are fairly simple to build but are 100% dependent upon your specific requirements.  Follow-up and I'll try to help you out.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Hi David, i'm referring to option 2, a simple AA. Something like when external party calling main number, call manager (CMBE 8.x) would direct it to AA (unity connection 8.x) with a greeting, follow by prompt press 1 for extension and press 0 for operator.

Is there any document or configuration guide that i can reference to?

Thanks

Best regards,

Ethan