Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatic dialling Issues on FXS Port

Ravs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

We have the FXS Port which automatically tries to dial out. Please if someone can let us know how to get rid of this. I have already tried shut and no shut but it  comes back after few seconds.

show voice call status
CallID CID ccVdb Port                      Slot/Bay/DSP:Ch    Called # Codec   MLPP Dial-peers
0x329F5 3855    0x7FC14AF79E10 0/1/0 0/1/1:1         *6346778594   g711ulaw 0/2
1 active call found

show voice call summary
PORT CODEC VAD VTSP STATE VPM STATE
============== ========= === ===================== =====================
0/1/0 g711ulaw y S_SETUP_REQ_PROC FXSLS_WAIT_OFFHOOK

I am sure no one is dialing that number.

3 Replies 3

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If FXS port is configured for Private-line automatic ringdown (PLAR) feature, then the port automatically dials a pre-configured number. Find out whether your FXS port is configured for PLAR feature. If it is then remove the PLAR configuration from FXS port. Below is the document the provides details about PLAR configuration: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/h323/14368-plar-config.html 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thanks Vaij

I have checked the configuration and there isn't any PLAR configured. Is there some command that I can use to determine the cause as to why the port is dialing this number.

Regards

Hi Guys

I had to delete the Dial Peer Number 2. Then I changed it to a random Dial Peer 30 with the same statements as was in Dial Peer 2 and the problem was resolved. Please if some one can help as to how a Dial Peer can get corrupt and start dialing on its own without any PLAR,