cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Avaya Definity G3si V9 H323 trunk with CCM5.1 without MGCP router?

rshoker99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I am new to PBX integration with CCM. I have read all the documentation. I can get my hands.

It seems all integration with an Avaya PBX (or others) require an MGCP router in the middle.

Currently we 7 sites with MGCP and runs great. But now we are trying to integrate a Avaya PBX with 500 users to the CCM.

I have checked the compatiblity guide but our version of G3 was not listed. (most documentation I have seen is on S8500 or S8700 .

According to the Avaya rep using a IP Media Processor card TN2302AP HW18 FW095

We can connect directly to the CCM?

Is this possible?

Please point me to some useful documentation.

Also one other thing the Dial plan overlaps. How do a proper translation/manipulation of the route pattern Ie four digit range 3000-4000 is already used in the CCM but the Avaya uses it too.

Thank you.

Raj

Can some on

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will need to go through a router. I dont think on the Avaya G3 you can go directly H323 to H323. You need to have a QSIG T1 trunk from the G3 to a Cisco Router T1 card. CallManager will then use MGCP to manage the calls and routing in/out of the trunk. Of course, you will need configure dial patterns on the Avaya side as well.

I know on the new Avaya IP PBXs, you can create a H323 trunk directly from the Avaya to a Cisco router. But you can not connect directly to Cisco CallManager, only through Router.

Check out this link.

http://www.avaya.com/master-usa/en-us/resource/assets/applicationnotes/acm-cisco-gw.pdf

cheers

Thanks,

Thats what I thought. But apparently the Avaya Tech thinks it is possible. Will let you know we are hoping to have conference call and see how we can clarify the whole thing.

He told us by purchasing an IP Media Processor TN2302AP HW18 FW095 would do the trick.

Thank you.

Y

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: