Views
Helpful
Replies

AVAYA Phone with CUCM

abdulkarim041
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have two AVAYA 9608G registered with CUCM. But issue is that both are unable to call each other.

Even I am unable to make a call from cisco phone to avaya phone. need help to solve the issue.

I have to enable AUTO qos for AVAYA phone on cisco switch how i can achive it?

BR

Abdul Karim

18 Replies 18

Hello Adbul,

If both Avaya phones are registered, please check that the lines on both Avaya phones have the correct Partition set (usually this partition would be the same that is set for all the other phones). Please also check that the Calling Search Space used by the other phone is able to reach that Partition (again the calling search space most of time is the same as any other working phone).

Best Regards, Jaime.

If you find this helpful please rate.

i have only default partations. i am able to call from avaya to cisco ip but not from cisco to avaya phone as well

br 

Are the Avaya phones using the same Calling Search Space as the Cisco Phones?.

If you can, please provide the CUCM traces with calling and called numbers and i can take look.

This traces can be gathered from RTMT > Trace and Log Central > Collect Files > Select Call Manager Service for all servers > Next > Next > Select the correct time range, gather the traces and zip them.

Attach the zipped files to this thread and I can take a look for you.

Best Regards, Jaime.

Thanks so much Jamie.

No CSS.

Traces are attached. kindly change the extension of attached file to rar before opening it

BR

Abdul Karim

Hello Abdul,

I cannot open the attached files.
Why are they .jpg extension? i was expecting .zip files ...

Best Regards, Jaime.

hi,

traceses are attached.

BR

Hello Abdul,

On the attached traces i'm seeing an avaya phone using extension 6001 trying to register several times. I didn't saw any INVITEs or digit analysis request.

00095513.001 |21:59:04.967 |AppInfo  |//SIP/SIPUdp/wait_SdlDataInd: Incoming SIP UDP message size 952 from 10.31.0.9:[11227]:
[2955,NET]
REGISTER sip:10.31.0.3 SIP/2.0
From: <sip:6001@10.31.0.3>;tag=5a5d9e69-571cd3d1722w64431y51r2j4od1s4q_F6001
To: <sip:6001@10.31.0.3>
Call-ID: 1_5a5d9e693c636cedc6vj27543x2775b1x2tv_R6001
CSeq: 973 REGISTER
Max-Forwards: 70
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.31.0.9:11227;branch=z9hG4bK1e7_5a5e3d68-66a21aa7532e16306l4370h5sz5p46_R6001
Supported: eventlist,feature-ref,replaces,sdp-anat,tdialog
Allow: INVITE,ACK,BYE,CANCEL,SUBSCRIBE,NOTIFY,MESSAGE,REFER,INFO,PUBLISH,UPDATE
User-Agent: Avaya one-X Deskphone 7.1.1.0.9 (9)

Could you please attach a ZIP file containing all the traces, with calling (i guess it would be 6001) and called numbers and a time stamp.

The attached traces are only 1 file of the publisher and nothing else.

Best Regards, Jaime.

thanks for your kind response.

i have one more trace file which is attaches as well.

BR

hi,

One more file.

This site is not allowing me to upload ZIP file. 

Kindly right click on filie than click on rename and than remove .pdf from the name of file. At this point file name would be like ccm.zip and you can unzip the file to get traces.

BR

These are the correct logs. Can you let us know of calling and called numbers?

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

Hi,

6004 is the CISCO phone and calling number while 6001 is the called number which is Avaya phone number.

BR

abdul karim

What are you hearing when dialing from 6004 to 6001? Also, your Avaya phone looks registered at CUCM, correct? When you lift the handset on the Avaya phone, are you able to get dial-tone and dial digits? Can you make a call from 6001 to 6004 and attach (same) logs?

Your logs show that 6001 does not respond to INVITES sent by CUCM.

Georgios

Yes Avaya phone is registered with CUCM. And I am able to call from Avaya phone to both CISCO phones i.e sccp phone and SIP phones.

When I dial from CISCO phone to Avaya phone, there is a silence for one min approximately. after that busy tone comes.

BR

Abdul Karim

Can you make a call from 6001 to 6004 and post logs (as file)?

Georgios