cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Avaya to CUCM ext - Caller ID = 'Private'

Knowlesy14
Level 1
Level 1

I'm integrating a pilot installation of CUCM 11.5 with a production Avaya environment and am having trouble figuring out how to get the Caller ID to show when calling from Avaya to Cisco extensions (works going in to opposite direction).

Calls from Avaya extensions display as 'Private' on Cisco phones. I have some users setup with Hybrid Call Service using Webex Teams and oddly enough they DO get the caller ID info displayed on the Webex Teams app when receiving a call from an Avaya extension, just not on the physical phone.

I'm working on getting some insight from a colleague on the Avaya side but is there any configuration setting in CUCM that could be affecting this behavior?

Topology:

PSTN ---> Avaya --(sip)--> Sonus SBC Gateway --(sip)--> CUCM

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you checked the following guideline?

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise/interoperability-portal/avaya-app-note-6-3.pdf

What is the actual type/version of Avaya PBX?

Hope it helps,

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Thanks, I'll take a look at that doc....

I collected a call trace (attached) for an Avaya phone (ext 1707) calling Cisco phone (ext 1205). Caller ID is displayed as 'Private' on the Cisco phone. I'd like to change this to show the calling extension.

I'm obviously pretty new to this so any help deciphering the SIP messages would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Hello,

I don't see at the logs extension 1707 and this is the reason why there is no presence of the name on the CUCM side.
I am not an Avaya expert, can you check the settings that are described on page 13 "Configure System Feature" on the doc that I have attached?

Can you also post some logs from the other side?

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Yes, there's no reference to ext 1707 in the SIP messages. 'Anonymous'@10.19.120.178 (Sonus Gateway) instead though, which I'm assuming means that info is being restricted/stripped off by Avaya prior to being sent out the SIP trunk since CUCM isn't seeing it. 

INVITE sip:1205@10.19.121.60:5060 SIP/2.0
Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, BYE, NOTIFY, OPTIONS, REFER, REGISTER, INFO, UPDATE, PRACK
Call-ID: call-D7F7F012-0000-0010-0F18-8C7@10.19.120.178
Content-Length: 289
Content-Type: application/sdp
CSeq: 2 INVITE
From: "Mark Knowles" <sip:anonymous@10.19.120.178:5060>;tag=a1378b2-300a4;sgid=1
Max-Forwards: 69
Min-SE: 600
P-Asserted-Identity: "Mark Knowles" <sip:ccri.edu>
Privacy: id         <-------Culprit???
Session-Expires: 3600
Supported: replaces,update,timer,100rel
To: <sip:1205@10.19.121.60:5060>
User-Agent: SONUS SBC2000 5.0.2v405 Sonus SBC
Via: SIP/2.0/TCP 10.19.120.178:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-UX-0a13-78b2-b5685
X-Sonus-Diagnostics: SBCInternal;cid=2250;media-mode="audio:DSP video:N/A"

I'm by no means an Avaya expert either but think you may be onto something with the "Configure System Feature" from the doc... 'Trunk to Trunk Transfer is set to 'Restricted' instead of 'All' in our Avaya environment.

trunk-to-trunk.JPG

Think I'm on the right track - just need to delve a little deeper into the Avaya config.

Thanks!

You are definitely on the right track, you should also check this part

Calling Party.PNGHope this helps, looking forward for your feedback.

G

Have you found a solution for this problem bro?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: