Views
Helpful
Replies

B-ACD Call Queuing

michael-luo
Level 1
Level 1

I'm testing the B-ACD feature of CME.  I was trying to acheive the following:

When there's no agent's available, incoming call to AA was put in queue.

However, per the document on http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/40bacd.html#wp1012406:

Calls are diverted to an alternate destination in three circumstances:

• The  hunt group to which a call has been transferred is unavailable because  all members are logged out or in do-not-disturb (DND) mode.

• The call-queue maximum retry timer has expired.

• The number of calls waiting in the call queue has reached the limit.

So the incoming call was NOT being queued if there's no agent logged in or if the logged in agent was in DND mode.  Then under WHAT circumstance will the call be queued?

It looks like B-ACD has a different definition of "agent not available" than UCCX. 

Thanks!

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

You are most correct my friend

In UCCX, agents can all be in "Not ready" and callers will still be queued but

in B-ACD they are handled quite differently as you nicely noted;

In summary, B-ACD calls that are intended for a hunt group are handled as follows:

If all hunt group agent phones are busy, a B-ACD call to the hunt group is sent to the call queue that is dedicated to that hunt group.

If all hunt group agent phones are in not-ready status or have left the hunt group (there are no agents available to take calls), a B-ACD call to the hunt group is sent to the configured alternate destination (see "Alternate Destination for Unavailable Hunt Groups" section).

If some of the hunt group agent phones are busy and other phones are unavailable (in not-ready status or have left the hunt group), a B-ACD call to the hunt group is sent to the call queue.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

You are most correct my friend

In UCCX, agents can all be in "Not ready" and callers will still be queued but

in B-ACD they are handled quite differently as you nicely noted;

In summary, B-ACD calls that are intended for a hunt group are handled as follows:

If all hunt group agent phones are busy, a B-ACD call to the hunt group is sent to the call queue that is dedicated to that hunt group.

If all hunt group agent phones are in not-ready status or have left the hunt group (there are no agents available to take calls), a B-ACD call to the hunt group is sent to the configured alternate destination (see "Alternate Destination for Unavailable Hunt Groups" section).

If some of the hunt group agent phones are busy and other phones are unavailable (in not-ready status or have left the hunt group), a B-ACD call to the hunt group is sent to the call queue.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob!  +5.

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: