Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

B-ACD TCL without AA

Hi folks--i'm trying to make sense of the TCL scripts for queuing in CME and i'm a little lost.  The customer has the requirement that there be a queue, but they don't want an auto-attendant.  Just a drop-through queue...is it possible to make this work without building the seperate AA application in CME?  I can't seem to find any examples...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steve,

You still require the AA but it has no welcome prompt for callers (silent) and

drop calls directly through to to queue without any interaction so it should be

exactly what the client requires;

Step 4 

Select the number and type of call-routing (menu) options to offer callers for each AA application.

For each AA application, decide what options to offer callers and what hunt groups you will use.

You can designate that an AA application will operate in interactive mode, in which callers make active choices on the basis of the menu choices that you offer. By pressing the specified digit, a caller can take any of the following actions:

Connect to an ephone hunt group.

Connect to an operator ephone hunt group.

Dial a known extension.

Alternatively, you can designate that an AA application will operate in drop-through mode, in which calls are directly sent to a hunt group without giving callers the opportunity to make choices.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/40bacd.html#wp1058600

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steve,

You still require the AA but it has no welcome prompt for callers (silent) and

drop calls directly through to to queue without any interaction so it should be

exactly what the client requires;

Step 4 

Select the number and type of call-routing (menu) options to offer callers for each AA application.

For each AA application, decide what options to offer callers and what hunt groups you will use.

You can designate that an AA application will operate in interactive mode, in which callers make active choices on the basis of the menu choices that you offer. By pressing the specified digit, a caller can take any of the following actions:

Connect to an ephone hunt group.

Connect to an operator ephone hunt group.

Dial a known extension.

Alternatively, you can designate that an AA application will operate in drop-through mode, in which calls are directly sent to a hunt group without giving callers the opportunity to make choices.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/40bacd.html#wp1058600

Cheers!

Rob

Ah! I see it now…wasn’t reading between the lines…

One other question that concerns me though—I’m working through the example in the B-ACD and Tcl Call-handling application document, and as I specify parameters under the call-queue script, it says they’re not registered under the paramspace…do I need to register the parameters or are they in the Tcl file?

Rob--great stuff.  What i've got now is when i dial into the AA, instead of a fast-busy, it just drops the call...to me, that screams codec mismatch, but it's all local so it should be g711u...any thoughts on what else it could be?

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

http://pandaeatsbamboo.blogspot.com/2012/02/b-acd-drop-through-option.html

---

Posted by WebUser Danny Wong

Ok--see output below...anyone have any thoughts on this...?  Call just drops as soon as i dial the pilot...

004121: .Mar 27 11:22:57.136: %IVR-6-APP_INFO: TCL B-ACD:  >>> B-ACD Service Started <<<

004122: .Mar 27 11:22:57.140: //132//TCL :/tcl_PutsObjCmd: TCL B-ACD:  >>> B-ACD Service Started <<<
004123: .Mar 27 11:22:57.140: //132//TCL :/tcl_PutsObjCmd: TCL B-ACD: >>> Handoff String = aa <<<
004124: .Mar 27 11:22:57.140: //132//AFW_:/AFW_FSM_Drive: Tcl_Eval to drive FSM inside Tcl modulespace. code=1 code=ERROR
004125: .Mar 27 11:22:57.140: TCL script failure
        Result:
                         Handoff Failed
004126: .Mar 27 11:22:57.140:   TCL script failure errorInfo:
                        Handoff Failed
    while executing
"handoff appl $tmpLeg $hstring"
    (procedure "QueueManager.Start" line 63)
    invoked from within
"QueueManager.Start" 

After spending most of the day today on this, I was finally able to figure it out.  A couple things I noticed:

param voice-mail is mandatory, even if you aren't using voicemail (found that on a blog...if i can find the blog again, i'll give proper credit)

param handoff-string ---this is supposed to be the service name of the AA Tcl script...this threw me off since that parameter is part of the AA Tcl script's parameters

Also--after switching to the embedded Tcl scripts, it started working (running v. 15.1(3)T IOS)

Probably some noob mistakes, but i also noticed these things weren't documented very well...hopefully this will help the next person tasked with doing this.

Thanks Rob and Danny for your input as well.

SJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: