cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BACD Handoff to Extension

Nick Richards
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to get my BACD script (AA+Queue) to "handoff" the call to an extension/line, rather than queue to it.

To break it down:

I have the AA service, configured with "1" as the dial-by-extension-option

I have the Queue service configured with 4 additional hunt groups (param aa-hunt2 thru 5)

When I press "1", I dial the extension and hear ringtone, then voicemail if no answer.  This is perfect...

When I press any of the 2 thru 5 options, I'm trying to forward the call to a specific department's front desk.  However, the call gets queued rather than forwarded, and I hear hold music while the destination rings.  I do not want those options to receive any queue treatment-- no hold music, no special features, just a regular forwarded call.

What it does:

If i select option 1, then dial extension 1001 I hear the phone ring and [if no answer] go their voicemail.

If i select option 2 (param aa-hunt2 1001), I hear hold music and the timeout value sends me to central mailbox.

If i select option 3 (param aa-hunt3 1002), I hear hold music and the timeout value sends me to central mailbox.

What I want:

If i select option 2 (param aa-hunt2 1001), I hear the phone ring and [if no answer] go to voicemail for 1001.

If i select option 3 (param aa-hunt3 1002), I hear the phone ring and [if no answer] go to voicemail for 1002.

If i select option 4 (param aa-hunt3 1003), I hear the phone ring and [if no answer] go to voicemail for 1003.

If i select option 5 (param aa-hunt3 1004), I hear the phone ring and [if no answer] go to voicemail for 1004.

Is there any way to reconfigure or workaround this?  Can I hairpin a call, or invoke a service, or anything else??

Versions:

CME 8.6, IOS 15.1(4)M

Thanks in advance!

NR

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As mentioned above: there is no way.

If you want an AA that you can fully control, use one on CUE.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

sumimanc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can i have the config please ???

Regards,

sumit

service main_aa flash0:bacd_main/app-b-acd-aa-3.0.0.2.tcl
  paramspace english language en
  paramspace english index 1
  param handoff-string main_aa
  param voice-mail 4500
  param dial-by-extension-option 1
  paramspace english location flash0:bacd_main/
  param welcome-prompt _bacd_welcome_main.au
  param aa-pilot 1234
  param service-name main_queue
  param number-of-hunt-grps 6
service main_queue flash0:bacd_main/app-b-acd-3.0.0.2.tcl
  param aa-hunt4 1003
  param aa-hunt5 1004
  param queue-manager-debugs 1
  param aa-hunt6 1003
  param aa-hunt2 1001
  param number-of-hunt-grps 6
  param aa-hunt3 1002

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is normal.

With B/ACD-AA, call to hunt-groups are always queued even momentarily, and never transferred directly as with extension transfer.

However from my experience, before the timer "second-greeting", callers should hear ringback (if a phone is ringing). After that, MoH.

Callers immediately hear MoH when going into queue.  Is there a variable I'm missing to support this ring-at-first behavior?

There is no variable that I know about. It may have to do with the fact you're using an extension and not a real hunt-group.

Is there no way to invoke the same process the Dial-By-Extension option uses?

As mentioned above: there is no way.

If you want an AA that you can fully control, use one on CUE.

Paolo is right on all accounts. 

Here are my findings:

• Forwarding a call from BACD to an extension provides the same MoH as if the call were in queue.  If that call is instead forwarded to a drop-through AA with no prompt specified, the caller hears ringback instead of MoH.
  • There is only one queue service allowed per device, a fact that is difficult to find in the standard documentation.  I had multiple queues configured, but all AAs referencing secondary queue(s) instead invoked the primary queue service.

Short story: Stick with CUE if you have enough ports.

NR

Nick, thank for your appreciation.

If you're interested in working out something without buying a CUE, contact me at the address present in my profile.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: