Views
Helpful
Replies

Back at it...CME

tracker141
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

The support forums, Reddit, and a little outside help has gotten me a long way in this project and I have learned a lot too. However, that being said the solutions we came up with was never really what I wanted (using VoIP gateways back to pots) so I have gone back to the drawing board as they say and I know with all of the really smart people out there a solution can be found.

This link will explain what is going on; https://www.iptinfo.com/2014/03/04/callcentric-voip-with-cisco-unified-border-element-cube/

What I am trying to put together is some config that takes CUBE and Call Manager and moves them together which is what I have (Cisco 1861 ISR). My production 1861 has CUE integrated my test 1861 does not.  However, I don't believe that will cause an issue with testing with the calling side.

From the link above I was able to create all the translation profiles, I think where I am running into issues is the peers and if I need more than one. A Reddit user suggested creating a loopback interface. I think I get what he's thinking. Bring the call in, use the header manipulation rules, pass it back in thru the loopback then let CME process the call. Makes sense to me but not sure if that can be done. I look forward to your thoughts and suggestions.

6 Replies 6

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hi @tracker141

A Reddit user suggested creating a loopback interface. I think I get what he's thinking. Bring the call in, use the header manipulation rules, pass it back in thru the loopback then let CME process the call ==== I think this user speak about the "bind interface" command.

In order to have only one IP for control and/or media we can bind a call with one interface (loopback for example).

Whatever if your dial-peer use sip or h323 we can use bind command.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Hello,

I am not sure I am following what you are saying.

Thanks

Ok @tracker141 when you say;

"What I am trying to put together is some config that takes CUBE and Call Manager and moves them together which is what I have"

Mix CME and CUBE is not a recipe.

Be aware that you can have a CME with CUBE config on the same plateform but it's not the main role of a CUBE to have phone registration on it.

It acts as a SBC (session border controller) === PROXY sip & h323, then it's better to dissociate Call Manager and the CUBE.

Please clarify what you really want and need with network design draft.

Your link on your post seem to be down.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Ok so here is the problem, my SIP provider passes the DID number in the To: field of the header, so the issue is no matter what DID you dial CME see it as the user id number and not the DID, in turn, CME does not know how to route the call properly. The link that I posted, trying again, https://www.iptinfo.com/2014/03/04/callcentric-voip-with-cisco-unified-border-element-cube/ describes how to pull the data from the packet while passing from CUBE to CUCM. The issue that I have is that I have older gear, 1861 UC. So while I understand what is going on, I am trying to figure out how to do this while only having one device.

I think I can pull it all together if I can find how a call moves thru the router. For example, Call -> Voice Service/SIP config -> Dial-Peer -> Translation rules -> Call routed to DN/AA/Pilot or some other direction.

I think I understand all the parts and have the configure to pull the DID from the TO: field, just not sure where everything needs to go.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Are you using a CME or a CUBE ? Both are them are not supposed to be co-located. Next, regarding routing, To header is not used for call routing. Look at the Request URI.

It’s CME. I will take a look at that. Thanks. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: