Views
Helpful
Replies

Background image in Master TFTP

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Everyone,

I need to upload the PNG and Thumb files for 7075 phones into the TFTP servers. We have 20 TFTP and Master TFTP Servers. Do I need to upload the files into each and every TFTP server or just Master TFTPs would be enough?

Thanks,

MK           

11 Replies 11

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Sorry the phones are 7975

Hi,

you need to upload it to the other servers that the phone may contact to take the background.

kindly find the below link page (6-5)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7962g_7961g_7961g-ge_7942g_7941g_7941g-ge/8_6/english/admin_guide/62adm86.pdf

HTH

Anas

please don't forget to rate the helpful posts

Thanks Anas,

So, we have 20 TFTP servers and 2 Master TFTP servers. Do I need to upload the files into all 22 servers?

Thanks,

MK

upload to the 2 Masters servers, and test your phones if they get background. if not you need to complete your trip based on the guide

HTH

Anas

Whatever TFTP server addresses the 7975 phones have will need to have the images. Also don't forget to update the List.xml.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Thanks guys,

The problem is that I don't have access to a lab to test the options. I am making the detailed document and some other people are going to implement the solution. I kind of need to know the way it's going to work. I personally think we have to upload the files into each and every TFTP server. I believe the Master TFTP only forwards the request to the local TFTPs. It does nothing by itself. Am I mistaken?

Thanks,

MK

the guide is clear to upload the back ground for all servers may the phone connect to.

start with the master TFTP then continue to the rest.

HTH

Anas

Thanks guys,

MK

Just to let you guys know that by uploading the file only on the Proxy servers, the phones were able to download the new background images. So, we don't need to upload in all TFTP servers.

Thanks,

MK

Is this normal that the Phones are pointed to the Proxy TFTP servers. I thought the phones should be pointed to the local TFTPs and the local TFTPs should be pointed to the proxy TFTP.

Thanks,

MK

Anybody has an answer for me?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: