Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Background image not change

Dears,

Good Day to you all.

i have an issue , i want to change the background image on all telephones . 

i did fallow the steps on haw to upload the image and restart the tftp service but nothing change on the telephone .

telephones types are 8851 and 8845 

Best Regards .

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Can you see the thumbnail(s) of pictures?

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Which directory did you upload the file to. See if you can access it through a simple TFTP check. You can open it ina web browser by going to http://<CUCM>:6970/<path> where <path> is the file directory and the image file. If you can access it on a web browser, then make sure the name is entered correctly on the phone settings. Note, if you use the directory in the documentation, you do not have to enter that in the Background Image settings, only the file name itself.

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Please refer to the below Best Practices White Paper for Cisco 8800 Series Phones. This white paper has all the necessary instructions.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-phone-8800-series/white-paper-c11-740036.pdf

Also, note the following:

• Your images must be in PNG format and the dimensions of the full sized image must be within 800 x 480 pixels. Thumbnail images are 139 (width) x 109 pixels (height).

• Prepare List.xml files. See attached file for reference.
  • Upload images and List.xml file to all TFTP servers. The directory is Desktops/800x400. Restart the TFTP Service on all TFTP Servers after the upload is done.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thanks for suggestions .

for the List.xml Files it's already there before and forgive me for this cause i am not familiar with this but should i delete the old List.xml and upload the new one after i add the photo directory on it  ?

regards 

1) If you want to configure the same background image on all phones No Need or List.xml. For that, you have to follow the below procedure.

1. Create the image correctly for an 8800 series phone 800x480x24.png.
  2. Login into CUCM OS Admin and Upload png to the correct folder on TFTP for 8800 which is Desktops/800x480x24.
  3. Restart the TFTP service.
  4. create a new Common Phone Profile -Uncheck Checkbox for Enable End User Access to Phone Background Image Setting. 
  5. Set the full png filename into the new Common Phone Profile in the Background Image Field, click checkbox for this field.
  6. Apply this Common Phone Profile to phone via bulk.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

With this method user will not be able to choose the background image.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

Hi Abdullah,

CUCM has default List.xml file and background images. If you want to use custom background images, then you need to update List.xml file using text editor (Notepad or Notepad++) with list of new custom images. Once you update the file, then upload it on all TFTP servers under Desktops/800x480x24 directory. It will overwrite existing List.xml file, then follow the procedure to restart TFTP services.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: