cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Background Images for 7945

theweeyin
Level 1
Level 1

Am trying to create new background images for the 7945 phone and am having trouble.  I've created

the PNG files in 320x212 resolution. Which is find and I've edited the List.xml file and have successfully uploaded the new List.xml file and two images up to the TFTP server but when I go to the Background Images menu on the actual phone I am getting a blank thumbnail and when I try to select it I am being told "File Not Found".

I understand the XML file is case sensitive and have looked and my file names and extensions are okay within the file.  My current background sits in the "Desktops/320x212x16" directory so have uploaded my new images there.

Do I need to stop and start anything to make this work? Any ideas??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You typically need to restart the TFTP service on each node after uploading or changing files. It caches the contents from disk into memory at service startup. Anything you modify through OS Administration is saved to disk.

Here's the documentation on what the 7945 expects for background images in case you didn't find it before:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7975G_7971g-ge_7970g_7965g_7945g/7_1_2/english/administration/guide/7970cst.html#wp1088046

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You typically need to restart the TFTP service on each node after uploading or changing files. It caches the contents from disk into memory at service startup. Anything you modify through OS Administration is saved to disk.

Here's the documentation on what the 7945 expects for background images in case you didn't find it before:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7975G_7971g-ge_7970g_7965g_7945g/7_1_2/english/administration/guide/7970cst.html#wp1088046

Thanks for that!! Thumbnail is displaying, still not got the actual background image to appear but it's a step in the right direction!

Reduced the size of my large background image file and worked a treat!

Please use cisco ip phone designer to make this simple.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: