Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Barge button does not appear on phone

Has anyone else had any issues getting the barge button to appear on a phone despite following the documented configuration process?  We are running CUCM 6.1 and I have followed the process documented in the following document to no avail.

http://cisco.biz/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fsbarge.html

The default system parameters are in place--privacy enabled, built-in bridge disabled, barge tone set to true, single-button barge set to off.  I have two SCCP-controlled 7945G phones that share a line appearance.  In both phone configs, I have disabled privacy and enabled the built-in bridge.  Both phones are also using the Standard User softkey template which I have confirmed does have the Barge softkey.  Both phones have been reset (not restarted) after making these changes and still the Barge softkey does not appear on either phone when a call is in progress on the other phone.  I have tested this with G.722 & G.711 calls--it doesn't seem to matter, the Barge softkey does not appear.

4 Replies 4

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Andrew,

I would first do the following:

Verify that the shared DN on both phones is in the same Partition.

Verify that the Max Calls / Busy Trigger matches on each phone.  This is a per device configuration, it does not follow the shared line configuration.  So, if you have phones that need to use barge but these settings are mismatched amongst devices then you can run into issues where one phone sees a call instance but it never hits the other phone.

Also just double check that the Barge softkey is actually applied to the Remote In Use state for your softkey template (i.e., items on the left are Available, items are the right are applied to the template).

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Verify that the shared DN on both phones is in the same Partition.

They are in the same partition.

Verify that the Max Calls / Busy Trigger matches on each phone.

Both are set to 4 / 2.

double check that the Barge softkey is actually applied to the Remote In Use state for your softkey template

It is.  I have cBarge listed on the left (Unselected softkeys) and Barge & NewCall on the right (Selected Softkeys).  I have even tried selecting different templates with Barge selected as well to no avail.

Sorry, operator error.  I was looking for the Barge button when I went off hook (handset or speakerphone).  You have to hit the line button that is illuminated red when a line is in use in order to bring up the Barge button.

That was my next line of questions but assumed it may offend...Barge is fairly simple in nature. I actually recommend disabling privacy globally and having users use the privacy button to turn privacy on...as opposed to off in the normal scenario. Seems to be more intuitive for users.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!