Views
Helpful
Replies

Barge Feature

rahul nair
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all ,

I have a request from my users to monitor associates' calls to customers - on the fly - while they speaking to them.

Is there any way wherein the supervisor can listen to ...  say a specific extension - in a pool of 10 extensions ( usually the customer facing agents ) .

"Barge" requires the involved people to share DNs  i.e. should be essentially same extensions  , so that a call ending up on a particular Line can be barged into . Am i right ?

Is there any other way around ? 

Thanks,

Rahul.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rahul,

Within CUCM there is no other option apart from barge / cbarge which allow an active call to be barged and they require shared lines. Does your setup include UCCX or some other contact centre application?

Manish

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rahul,

Within CUCM there is no other option apart from barge / cbarge which allow an active call to be barged and they require shared lines. Does your setup include UCCX or some other contact centre application?

Manish

Hi Manish ,

Shared line means ultimately same extensions , right ?

So Barge does require same extensions to work.

I guess then that will not be applicable in my scenario then  !

Thanks Manish

Yes Rahul, shared lines means shared extensions. As per the Features and services guide "The single button barge/cBarge, barge, privacy, and privacy on hold features work with each other. These features work with only shared lines."

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsgd-712-cm/fsbarge.html#wp1098575

Manish

Rahul,

Since you are mentioning agents in your description, which application are you using to handle agents then. Cisco provides UCCX and UCCE for this purpose and if you have either of these applications, this can easily be achieved since both these applications provide facility of doing live monitoring for the agents natively.

In case, if you are using any vendor other than Cisco UCCX/UCCE to handle agents and their activities then there are lot of 3rd party vendors available in the market that can provide you this functionality while using CUCM. Take a look at below thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12590151/continuous-silent-call-monitoring-session#comment-10859796

Regards

Deepak