Views
Helpful
Replies

Barge in CUCM

Jacob Berger
Level 2
Level 2

have started using cucm 8.6

i understand that there is no option to barge in on calls (only with intercom)

i was hoping to find it in the business attendant console, but its not there too.

With which product can it be done, or can it be developed with some Cisco SDK?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jacob,

I have never set this up but it is available in CUCM

Multilevel Precedence and Preemption

#

The Multilevel Precedence and Preemption (MLPP) service allows properly validated users to place priority calls. If necessary, users can preempt lower priority phone calls.

#

Precedence designates the priority level that is associated with a call. Preemption designates the process of terminating lower precedence calls that are currently using the target device, so a call of higher precedence can be extended to or through the device.

#

An authenticated user can preempt calls either to targeted stations or through fully subscribed time-division-multiplexing (TDM) trunks. This capability assures high-ranking personnel of communication to critical organizations and personnel during network stress situations, such as a national emergency or degraded network situations.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fsmlpp.html#wpxref73182

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Jacob,

You can use the Cisco's Contact Center products (Enterprise \ Express) which will be used to get integrated with CUCM.

Using Supervisor you can perform call recording \ Barge in \ intercept...like many other things.

Please refer the section "Table 4. Cisco Unified Contact Center Express 8.5 Inbound Voice Features" in the below data sheet link for more information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/custcosw/ps5693/ps1846/data_sheet_c78-629807.html

Hope it helps, if yes, please rate the posting by clicking on the stars below the answer !!

Thanks,

Anand

Barge is actually supported on CUCM, but it allows you to barge only on the shared line when Privacy is Off, for example manager and assistant share manager's DN, manager can barge on assistant's call when she is using his phone.

HTH,

Chris

i need it for operator to barge in event of emergency  to any 1 many calls

I have not found any thing that calls out whether you can use barge with an operator for emergency type situation. However, like Chris mentioned you can use it to barge in on share lines. Below you'll find a link that gives more insight into barge and it's different uses for CUCM 8.x.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fsbarge.html

could we develop somthing through cisco SDKs?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jacob,

I have never set this up but it is available in CUCM

Multilevel Precedence and Preemption

#

The Multilevel Precedence and Preemption (MLPP) service allows properly validated users to place priority calls. If necessary, users can preempt lower priority phone calls.

#

Precedence designates the priority level that is associated with a call. Preemption designates the process of terminating lower precedence calls that are currently using the target device, so a call of higher precedence can be extended to or through the device.

#

An authenticated user can preempt calls either to targeted stations or through fully subscribed time-division-multiplexing (TDM) trunks. This capability assures high-ranking personnel of communication to critical organizations and personnel during network stress situations, such as a national emergency or degraded network situations.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fsmlpp.html#wpxref73182

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: